Honored Contributor

Re: Here's a picture of my Beauty

What a beautiful kitty.  Her eyes are the same color as mine.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@beach-mom  No, I can't open it and I don't know anything about taking pictures and sending.

@Katcat1 - I'm going to try and copy and paste from this picture I see - but I will do it in the Pet Lovers forum. If you still can't see it, I'll try to get DD to help me tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1- One of my three cats is a natural sealpoint female.  She's 13 1/2 now and much more sedate than she was in her "younger days".

She used to terrorize the vet and his assistants.  She did not take well to being, as my DH put it, poked and prodded.

Quite a few years back, she suddenly appeared to be having a stroke; lost all coordination, her eyes were rolling.  I was scared to death and called the emergency pet hospital.  They said it was likely vestibular disease and it could wait for us to see our own vet the next morning.  (They were right.)

She's never been quite the same since then; still a little bit uncoordinated, but a big softy.  I had a Brown Burmese before her, that I brought with me, when I moved back from England.  He was a beauty, too, and loved to play fetch.  Smiley Happy

(ETA:  Meant to say, your girl is beautiful.  Interrestingly enough, when we got our sealpoint, the other choice we had was a Blue Mink, but our little Tonk walked right over, climbed up on DH's shoulder and that was that!)

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

My girl is a Blue Mink Tonkinese and the sweetest cat ever.  She will be 13 on April 15.  This is a picture of what she looks like (her coloring and eye color). She loves to play and fetches and brings back toys to you.

What a beauty! Those eyes......just gorgeous.

Regular Contributor

A really beautiful kitty! I love cats!Thanks for sharing her.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely beautiful 💕💕

Honored Contributor

@Venezia  That's a lovely story.  I love all cats and dogs too but partial to cats.  However, when you start buying the whole breed cats you find out how intelligent they are.  I had a Seal Point Siamese before Ava and she lived to 19-1/2.  She talked a lot.  I think the Tonk is more mellow because of the Burmese in her.  Anyway she is my baby and I love her.  Thanks for sharing your story.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Wow, she is a BEAUTY!  I love cats - sometimes more than people.  LOL.  I've had cats my whole life and can't imagine living without one.  

Honored Contributor

Beautiful and elegant, @Katcat1!😻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

@KatCat - She is beautiful! She looks like our boy, who is 8. 

Our first Tonk was natural seal point. His parents were Tonkinese, but one set of grandparents were Burmese and Siamese. He was one of a kind. DH was asked to fill in as a judge for a cat show and exhibition. While talking to a breeder he learned about the brand,  and they asked him if he would like a kitten. We still had our "wedding present" Siamese boy. So we drove to pick him up. He was one of the lights of our lives. He took to our others right away, especially his Siamese big brother, and always welcomed "newcomers," except for my late mother's Persian diva - they didn't get along at all. So a year after we lost him, for the first time ever, we went in search of a kitten like him. We found him, and the personalities couldn't be more different. He's a sweetheart though - a little more distant and he has a mind of his own. He is a "one-person" cat, but he jumps from person to person. When DS is home, he is the favored one! LOL!

They're so much fun, and in these times, we get to play with them more. Enjoy playing with your sweetheart! 

Here are two of our boys hanging out (Not a great picture, but. . .)!  Smiley Happy

@beach-mom,  What we're seeing is an empty box or a broken image link icon:

brokenimagelink.gif

When I look at the HTML for your post, it shows the image was copied from a private Yahoo email account.   Since we don't have access to that email account we can't see the linked pic.   This also can happen with images copied from other types of social media accounts that might have access or permissions that not everyone will be able to see.    If you save the pic to your device and then upload it here using the "Insert/edit image" icon in the toolbar, that should take care of the problem.   I hope that makes sense and is helpful.

😻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova