Contributor

Here's My Rejected Review for Tarte's Maracuja Lip Oils

The item number is a218042. (I saved my review just in case, and sure enough, it did not meet QVC's "standards.")

"Had I known that maracuja oil was number 6 on the list of ingredients, I would not have bought these glosses. The first 5 are jojoba seed oil, hydrogenated styrene/isoprene copolymer (whatever that is), apricot kernel oil, millet seed oil, and peppermint oil. Had I known it had peppermint, I would not have bought them, and the Q would have been spared a return. I tried them twice, and sure enough, my lips began to peel, as has happened at other times with peppermint.

So I gave it 2 stars, mostly for the packaging and the colors. It came in a cute box, and the colors are very nice. The colors, by the way, are made from red and yellow "lakes" and carmine."

All I can figure is that they rejected it due to the fact that I listed some of the "top secret" ingredients. IMHO, knowing the ingredients is VERY IMPORTANT when making a purchase.

So, from now on, if I can't access a list of ingredients (and I have even called CS on numerous occasions, and they can't provide me a list), I will buy all of my cosmetics at places other than QVC.