Trusted Contributor

Here is my response from IT Cosmetics regarding fragrance in their products.

Hello, It.. I love many of IT Cosmetics products, but I must tell you that the high amount of irritating ingredients such as lavender and citrus oils are not good for healthy skin and should be taken out of your products.

Also, the smell of your products are overwhelming and strong. For example, I ordered the new skincare TSV from QVC and while the products are wonderful, the overpowering scent in the face cream is terrible. It is hard to ignore. There is an unpleasant scent to the foundation serum as well, but it is not as bad. The CC Cream smell is so strong and smells medicinal and I can't even use that product even though I love the coverage.

Please take this as advice, not criticism. I wish IT Cosmetics well, and hope to be a customer for a long time to come. Thank you for your time.

IT Cosmetics Response:

Thank you so much for your suggestion, IT's absolutely something to keep in mind. We love ideas from our IT Girls and we will absolutely pass your suggestion on! Jamie and the team absolutely love to get feedback and suggestions from our IT Girls in order to give you what you want!

Honored Contributor

Re: Here is my response from IT Cosmetics regarding fragrance in their products.

I wish companies (and more consumers) understood that natural ingredients can still be irritating or harmful. Jamie and others talk so much about their natural "good for your skin" ingredients, but all those essential oils are NOT always good and can be harmful.

I have to avoid quite a few natural ingredients that either cause an asthmatic reaction or skin irritation reactions.

Too many people assume natural = healthy and that's just not the case. I wish they would focus more on actually healthy or harmful ingredients instead of pointless buzzwords like "natural" that doesn't really mean anything anyway.

Honored Contributor

Re: Here is my response from IT Cosmetics regarding fragrance in their products.

@dperry wrote:

Hello, It.. I love many of IT Cosmetics products, but I must tell you that the high amount of irritating ingredients such as lavender and citrus oils are not good for healthy skin and should be taken out of your products.

Also, the smell of your products are overwhelming and strong. For example, I ordered the new skincare TSV from QVC and while the products are wonderful, the overpowering scent in the face cream is terrible. It is hard to ignore. There is an unpleasant scent to the foundation serum as well, but it is not as bad. The CC Cream smell is so strong and smells medicinal and I can't even use that product even though I love the coverage.

Please take this as advice, not criticism. I wish IT Cosmetics well, and hope to be a customer for a long time to come. Thank you for your time.

IT Cosmetics Response:

Thank you so much for your suggestion, IT's absolutely something to keep in mind. We love ideas from our IT Girls and we wills abolutely pass your suggestion on! Jamie and the team absolutely love to get feedback and suggestions from our IT Girls in order to give you what you want!

Oh, sure, they "absolutely" will keep it in mind. Smiley Wink

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I agree with your observation and although lavender essential oil should not be irritating to the skin, citrus oils are highly irritating for some of us. At any rate any kind of essential oil on the face can be risky to use. IT Cosmetics has a great public relations and customer service.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@dperry wrote:

IT Cosmetics Response:

Thank you so much for your suggestion, IT's absolutely something to keep in mind. We love ideas from our IT Girls and we wills abolutely pass your suggestion on! Jamie and the team absolutely love to get feedback and suggestions from our IT Girls in order to give you what you want!

Oh, sure, they "absolutely" will keep it in mind. Smiley Wink

someone could use a thesaurus.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@dperry wrote:

IT Cosmetics Response:

Thank you so much for your suggestion, IT's absolutely something to keep in mind. We love ideas from our IT Girls and we will absolutely pass your suggestion on! Jamie and the team absolutely love to get feedback and suggestions from our IT Girls in order to give you what you want!

Thanks!

Such a LAME response though!! 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

They will do nothing.

I won't use products with lavender in them now.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

When I saw the LONG list of skin loving ingredients in the cc cream it should have raised a flag! After only 2 days of using IT I had a horrible allergic reaction that took more than 2 weeks to recover from. 

Esteemed Contributor

I look at it this way. Everyone is different. My skin is not sensitive to anything. I quite enjoy the smell of the products. There are so many makeup companies and skin care companies everyone can find something that works for them. Just because some can't use it doesn't mean everyone can't. Find something that works for you. There is so much stuff on the market.
Honored Contributor

....IT sounds like a kid wrote the reply.