Honored Contributor

Re: Here is my response from IT Cosmetics regarding fragrance in their products.

@winamac1 wrote:

They will do nothing.

I won't use products with lavender in them now.  

I might add....they will absolutely do nothing.

Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here is my response from IT Cosmetics regarding fragrance in their products.

My two beauty pet peeves are:

Perfume in my skin care products.

Jar packaging. I absolutely hate sticking my fingers into pots of goo.

It's why I no longer buy cosmetics from the internet where I cannot see and smell them first. The only item I do buy that is from the internet is the It Cosmetics CC cream SPF 50 with the zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the active sunscreen ingredients. If there was another brand in store with an SPF 50 that was the equivalent to this CC cream foundation that didn't have a scent I would buy it instead.

I do not have jar packaging for anything except peel pads.

Respected Contributor

It's a canned answer. If I suggested they make purple lipstick, I would get the same reply.

Honored Contributor

I was surprised how much fragrance and citrus oil Jamie put in her products considering she has Rosacea and sensitive skin. I've tried her CC It cream thinking it would be perfect for my similar skin and it burned the heck out of it. 

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

My two beauty pet peeves are:

Perfume in my skin care products.

Jar packaging. I absolutely hate sticking my fingers into pots of goo. ...

Perfume is my major pet peeve too.  I was told by one company that fragrance is added because women will not buy a product if it doesn't smell good. I cringe when a reviewer starts off saying how wonderful something smells. 

Concerning jars: I never put my fingers in them so they don't bother me.  I always have something on hand to get the product out - usually toothpicks.  I have also used cut up straws or plastic knives or spoons.

Occasional Contributor

I saw a different response to the same question on Facebook.  They said there was no added fragrance to the Confidence in a Cream and that the scent came from the natural butters in the product.  

I wonder if there are any odor neutralizing ingredients they could add to lessen the fragrance...? 

Honored Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

I was surprised how much fragrance and citrus oil Jamie put in her products considering she has Rosacea and sensitive skin. I've tried her CC It cream thinking it would be perfect for my similar skin and it burned the heck out of it. 

I agree.  NOTHING with fragrance.   

She does use a LOT of ingredients in her products.  I am shying away due to that and scent and lavender.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I didn't find it to be a 'canned' response at all.  The repetitive use of words leads me to conclude someone actually took the time to respond as opposed to a ready made reply.

The fact that they even answered is a sign of good customer response.

A smart company will compile and evaluate all comments received.  They should assess sales compared to returns and complaints.

If the ratios and sales of the product is hitting expectations, they are not about to change the formulation  because it doesn't appeal to a small percentage.

Everyone complains about the Perricone 'stink' since he doesn't use fragrances.

I agree with the poster, thankfully there are thousands of other products out there for us to use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

I didn't find it to be a 'canned' response at all.  The repetitive use of words leads me to conclude someone actually took the time to respond as opposed to a ready made reply.

The fact that they even answered is a sign of good customer response.

A smart company will compile and evaluate all comments received.  They should assess sales compared to returns and complaints.

If the ratios and sales of the product is hitting expectations, they are not about to change the formulation  because it doesn't appeal to a small percentage.

Everyone complains about the Perricone 'stink' since he doesn't use fragrances.

I agree with the poster, thankfully there are thousands of other products out there for us to use.

I personally think it was a canned response.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I wish companies (and more consumers) understood that natural ingredients can still be irritating or harmful. Jamie and others talk so much about their natural "good for your skin" ingredients, but all those essential oils are NOT always good and can be harmful.

I have to avoid quite a few natural ingredients that either cause an asthmatic reaction or skin irritation reactions.

Too many people assume natural = healthy and that's just not the case. I wish they would focus more on actually healthy or harmful ingredients instead of pointless buzzwords like "natural" that doesn't really mean anything anyway.

You are SO right.... I use Orange Oil to clean and hydrate my furniture.

Same with dietary supplements. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*