Honored Contributor

Re: Herbal Essence Conditioning Cleanser

On 7/31/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 7/31/2014 Nightowlz said:

Did you try the one in the white or pink bottle? I tried the one in the pink bottle. It made my hair dry so I threw it in the trash. I bought Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo from Sally Beauty that I'm liking so far.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Night, you bought Shea Moisture from Sallys or a beauty supply? It's a discontinued product; I can't see Sallys selling it.

Yes I bought it from Sally's. It's Sally Beauty Supply. They have several different products made by Shea Moisture. Why do you say it's a discontinued product? Shea Moisture still has it listed for sale on their website.

Honored Contributor

On 7/31/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/31/2014 Nightowlz said:

Did you try the one in the white or pink bottle? I tried the one in the pink bottle. It made my hair dry so I threw it in the trash. I bought Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo from Sally Beauty that I'm liking so far.

Same here with the HE. It dried my hair out terribly. Wish it hadn't! I loved the dark green HE when I was a teenager. Think I can still imagine the scent.

I used that one when I was a teenager too. Loved it & the scent. Wished they still made it.

Respected Contributor

On 7/31/2014 kcladyz said:
On 7/31/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I used Herbal Essences in high school and <em>loved</em> the scent! Unfortunately, it didn't do much for my hair. I've been a WEN girl for over 4 years, now, but really dislike the smell of most of their CCs (exception being the seasonals).

I would love to be able to use HE again, but suspect that their CC wouldn't compare to WEN. Squeeze - have you used WEN, and if so - can you compare the two?

I think HE works better than WEN. It rinses out easier. It's better than Pantene cc. What is even more awesome is the Vidal Sassoon cleansing conditioner. That is so amazingly the best. I love my lather so I do not use it often.
I did not find the HE to rinse out any easier than Wen.
Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 BellaCarro said:

I used Herbal Essences in high school and <em>loved</em> the scent! Unfortunately, it didn't do much for my hair. I've been a WEN girl for over 4 years, now, but really dislike the smell of most of their CCs (exception being the seasonals).

I would love to be able to use HE again, but suspect that their CC wouldn't compare to WEN. Squeeze - have you used WEN, and if so - can you compare the two?

I think HE works better than WEN. It rinses out easier. It's better than Pantene cc. What is even more awesome is the Vidal Sassoon cleansing conditioner. That is so amazingly the best. I love my lather so I do not use it often.

And that's really the least of my concerns, anyway (lol)! What I'm most interested in is the moisture factor. It seems like a few of the posters here (including you, BC) believe that the HE dried their hair out. If so, that's a deal breaker for me.

Respected Contributor

On 8/1/2014 Colonel Meow said:
On 8/1/2014 BellaCarro said:

And that's really the least of my concerns, anyway (lol)! What I'm most interested in is the moisture factor. It seems like a few of the posters here (including you, BC) believe that the HE dried their hair out. If so, that's a deal breaker for me.

Yes, I was surprised at how drying it was. I was hoping it would be easier to rinse, though. In the past, we've had to ration water. To justify Wen I would turn water off to wash, shave, exfoliate. Could get a little chilly!
Super Contributor

BC - I imagine it would get a bit chilly! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Yes, the rinse out time is another drawback to WEN, but worth it. I'm sure that my water bill would go down substantially if I ever decided to stop using WEN, lol!