Super Contributor

Does anyone use this and if so what is it doing for your skin? I was looking over oils and it looked interesting but I would really like to know what you ladies think of it. TIA.

Honored Contributor

Go to theorganicwitch dot com for a really good explanation.

Honored Contributor

I tried it years ago but I found it way too heavy for my skin. Perhaps mixed with other oils or refined might make it lighter but then you have drawbacks associated with refining. Hemp oil is good for hair (deep conditioning) but I prefer coconut oil. It is also great for taking internally (the oil, lol Wink).

Trusted Contributor

Supposedly, hemp oil is one of the oils that is highest in linoleic acid. Blocked pores are caused by an overproduction of oleic acid and an underproduction of linoleic acid in sebum. So, if you have oily skin with blocked pores, hemp oil would be a good choice for the Oil Cleansing Method.

Other oils high in linoleic acid are sunflower oil and safflower oil.

Hemp oil will oxidize in 3-6 months and the oil can be stored in the freezer.

And that's the extent of what I know about hemp oil, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I have this now, but I haven't used it in a while. Got it just for massaging on cuticles. The reason I stopped is because my nails grow so fast! (A musician's pet peeve!)

I don't think I ever used it on my skin. I'm sure I used it on my hair already, but I like macadamia nut oil better for hair.

Yeah, I'm going to lose my shelf life if I don't get that hemp out! Smiley Happy

GoW's breakdown & recommendation:

used to reduce skin discomfort by soothing and restoring dry or damaged skin and increasing the natural moisture retention capacity. With regular use, body care products containing hemp seed oil can help slow down the effects of skin aging and leave the skin smooth, soft and moisturized.

Fatty Acids
Palmitic- 5.65%
Steric- 1.96%
Oleic- 9.85%
Linoleic- 51.96%
Linolenic- 19.07%

Super Contributor

Thank you all, your answers did help me decide whether to order or not. I think I would look for the smallest size because I can flit from product to product. It would be great for my nails if nothing else.

Respected Contributor

I use hempz shampoo with hemp oil in it and it is one of the best shampoos available

Valued Contributor
Organic shelled or unshelled Hemp Seeds are an excellent addition to the diet too. Add a Tbsp. to your smoothies or NutriBlast drinks. Or just add to cereal or yogurt. Beauty comes from a good diet as much as topical treatments. Go to Vitamin Shoppe website or Amazon to buy.
Super Contributor
On 7/17/2014 beautty said: Organic shelled or unshelled Hemp Seeds are an excellent addition to the diet too. Add a Tbsp. to your smoothies or NutriBlast drinks. Or just add to cereal or yogurt. Beauty comes from a good diet as much as topical treatments. Go to Vitamin Shoppe website or Amazon to buy.

Thank you. I do tend to forget about myself at times because I worry about everyone else's nutrition.

Super Contributor

Perlier used to have a hemp roll on for your nails. I liked it but not enough to repurchase. I'm not sure if it was 100% pure oil or a mixture.