Occasional Contributor
I am a wen newbie and tried it for the first time last night as I was conditioning my hair the menthol start tingling my scalp left it on the 5 minutes and washed it out. today my scalp started tingling again did I do something wrong or is it something that happens? Please help. I have the pomegranate.
Trusted Contributor

Call the number on the bottle and ask them.

Honored Contributor

I got the tingle too when I first started using Wen. It went away after awhile. As long as you don't have any other symptoms of allergic reaction like itching, burning, redness I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't like the tingle you can switch to the Wen Kids as they are menthol free.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Occasional Contributor
On 9/15/2014 jaxs mom said:

I got the tingle too when I first started using Wen. It went away after awhile. As long as you don't have any other symptoms of allergic reaction like itching, burning, redness I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't like the tingle you can switch to the Wen Kids as they are menthol free.

How long after did the tingle go away?
Honored Contributor

the tingling stopped then started up again or did I misunderstand that? Does your scalp look red or irritated or itchy too? Are you allergic to soy at all?

Occasional Contributor
It's been tingling since last night. I don't have an allergies, the part that tingles feels a little rough too maybe I didn't wash it as good as I thought.
Honored Contributor

I just had the tingling during cleansing and for a short time afterward I'd say maybe a half hour?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Occasional Contributor
I went ahead and put a pump and let it froth in my hands and put it in the area where it was tingling and washed it out really well and looks like it is gone for now
Respected Contributor

Menthol makes my head feel like it's in a bowl of ice and I get tingling too. I think the other posters are right. You get used to it. Wen kids has no menthol and there are a few others in the line that don't too, I think. You can go on Chaz's site and find answers there. They even do live chat.

Super Contributor

When using FGP I can really feel the menthol when its sitting on my hair for the 5mins and after rinsing I could feel it occasionally through the day occasionally til it just disappeared.