Honored Contributor

SKINN lip line products work for me  Smiley Happy Never was a smoker though. But worth a try for you  Smiley Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

If you want long lasting results look into microneedling. This is highly recommended by derms and plastic surgeons. Start with the 0.5mm. This is clinically proven. You will see results. The needles reach the dermis layer of skin underneath the lines and wrinkles and stimulate collagen production, which fills them in. All your beauty products will in turn sink deeper and work better. 

In order to fill the lines you must stimulate collagen growth. Creams and lotions don't have the ability to penetrate that deep. Only retinol or Retin-A can go deep enough to make a change but it's not as effective as microneedling. Use a numbing cream and it's painless with the 0.5mm. 

The science behind this is knowing skin doesn't consider lines and wrinkles an injury so it doesn't try to heal itself like when you get a wound. The needles create microchannels or wounds underneath the skin that tricks it into building new collagen. The best part is the top layer of skin stays intact, unlike with ablative laser.  In other words, this prompts your skin to begin healing itself. Aim for 4-6 weeks with the 0.5mm. I've waited longer myself. Less is more. Just keep doing it consistently. It takes 3-6 months to see results.

Can you use the micro needling in your neck?

Honored Contributor

Heavy smoking really causes lip lines.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Re: Help with lip lines

[ Edited ]

My lip lines are from scleroderma. There are women who have scleroderma and many of them get their lines filled because the lines are impossible to treat otherwise...sigh. I'm not ready to go there yet.  My best results have come from needling.

@Valstybaby,

Yes, you can use a microneedle on the neck and the results are impressive.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help with lip lines

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

My lip lines are from scleroderma. There are women who have scleroderma and many of them get their lines filled because the lines are impossible to treat otherwise...sigh. I'm not ready to go there yet.  My best results have come from needling.

@Valstybaby,

Thank you so much! How often should I use a .05 needle and what can I use after needling? Can I use Retin A .5%?

Honored Contributor

@betty423@SilleeMee@Group 5 minus 1@Valstybaby@CherryHugs

My lips are a real PITA!

They can’t be smoothed in winter or summer.

When they peel, the skin that is left behind is somewhat tender and feels “exposed.”

There are a few products that leave them ready for lipstick are these:

Isomers lip: Immortal and gloss colors

Younique: lip scrub and lip plumper (contains essential     

Oil which DOES plump

Right now the corners of my mouth are split... do you

all have any suggestions for this?

I may have something autoimmune going on...don’t know.

The one skin product that has made a huge noticeable quick difference is Marine Collage Peptides (Lessman) 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@betty423@SilleeMee@Group 5 minus 1@Valstybaby@CherryHugs

My lips are a real PITA!

They can’t be smoothed in winter or summer.

When they peel, the skin that is left behind is somewhat tender and feels “exposed.”

There are a few products that leave them ready for lipstick are these:

Isomers lip: Immortal and gloss colors

Younique: lip scrub and lip plumper (contains essential     

Oil which DOES plump

Right now the corners of my mouth are split... do you

all have any suggestions for this?

I may have something autoimmune going on...don’t know.

The one skin product that has made a huge noticeable quick difference is Marine Collage Peptides (Lessman) 

Have you tried Copper P or Aloe?

Honored Contributor

@LTT1,

I've been using this pipingrock lip balm for quite some time and I don't have any issues with my lips peeling or cracking since I started. I usually put it on before bedtime and whenever I want my lips to feel moist. I love this lip balm!Heart It is wonderful on dry cuticles, too. It's dirt cheap...like less than $5 for 3 tubes.

download.jpg

Ingredients: Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Beeswax, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis sativa), Vitamin E (Tocopherol).

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Valstybaby,

Thank you so much! How often should I use a .05 needle and what can I use after needling? Can I use Retin A .5%?

@Valstybaby,

I have recommended a book...Holistic Microneedling: The Manual of Natural Skin Needling, by Anthony Kingston. This book will explain many things which you may have questions about. I follow his recommendations for when and how to microneedle areas on your face and neck as well as other parts of the body. But generally, he says to keep needling at intervals of two to three weeks apart and only for a period of six of these sessions. He says collagen production in the skin can get disrupted if you needle too often and for long periods of time. I take four weeks off between sessions then begin another set of six done once every two weeks. Some people say weekly needling works for them but for me it's too harsh. Just go with how your skin is reacting. As for using products post-needling, Kingston says he does not encourage this. If anything use only an organic oil, preferably camellia, to help heal the skin and let it start the process of natural collagen production. Do not interfere this process by introducing any active ingredients like retin-A or other actives...serums and the such. Simply moisturize for the next 24 hours and do not apply makeup or sunscreen. Another thing...most metal needles on the market are made to last no longer than one month to three months depending on their quality and frequency of use. It is important to note that successful results from microneedling depends largely on the quality of the needles you use and how you treat your skin shortly after needling.

Sorry for such a lengthy post. But as you can see I am seriously passionate about this kind of thing.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor
@SilleeMee
Thank you for the lip balm recommendation! I can’t wait to try it!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~