Contributor

Help with color choice in BareSkin serum foundation

Hi,

I am looking for some guidance....

I use fairly light in the mineral foundation - what color would I be in the BareSkin serum foundation?

thanks{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Re: Help with color choice in BareSkin serum foundation

I am also Fairly Light and got Bare Linen.

Respected Contributor

I was just looking through my Sept. insider(will be a TSV Sept, 15) and really want to try this BUT, am unsure what color foundation to order? I am a light medium leaning more toward the light. I got light in the last IT TSV that had the IT CC cream foundation in it as well as the newer Mally liquid foundation that comes in a sort of compact. I apply that using my Real Techniques expert face brush I got at Ulta. When I wore the original BE I could wear either fair or medium light. I have no yellow in my complexion, slightly pink cheeks but otherwise just a light/med but medium itself is too dark for me and yet some lights make me look pasty?

Can anyone tell me what color they think I would use in this? thanks

Super Contributor

I also used Fairly Light and I just ordered Bare Linen..I wasn't sure if I should have gotten Bare Shell or Bare Linen, but we'll see how I like the Bare Linen when I get it, which should be sometime tomorrow.

Highlighted
Contributor

According to this review, Bare Shell is comparable to Fairly Light:

http://www.thesmallthingsblog.com/2014/05/bareminerals-bareskin-foundation-review/

Frequent Contributor

Bare Shell is cooler/pink and Bare linen is more neutral for the fairly light category. Depends on your tone.

Occasional Contributor

I am also Fairly Light in Original and Medium Beige in Ready and I would do the Bare Linen - I ordered this in April and, worried that it would read too light, got the Bare Natural (which is the neutral medium shade) and it's a touch too dark. Not too noticeable and it's ok now that I have a touch of color from the summer, but I would 100% do the Bare Linen if you're a true neutral light tone (which I am and I'm kicking myself for not sticking with what I know to be right, lol).

Honored Contributor

I am Fairly Light in Original Loose and Matte, I am Medium Beige in READY and I am Bare Natural 07 in the Bare Skin.

I have tried samples of this in cooler shades in the medium family and cool and neutral shades in the light family and this one is the closest for me. I would love just a drop of cool in it to make me 100% happy. I'm at 98% right now ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

sounds like bare linen would be for me but maybe I should go to Ulta to make sure before I order? thanks

Respected Contributor

I went to Ulta today. I told them I am sure bare linen was the shade for me. It wasn't busy(airshow close by) so I had 2 sales girls helping me. One said right away, no, way too dark for you and said ivory. The other said no, lets try shell. They put some on my jaw line on both sides as well as the back of my hands and both wrists. I have to say, I was really really wrong, bare linen was way too dark and shell looks really very nice, almost invisible but smooths the skin and evens the tone, very nice. The one said I could get by with bare natural but bare shell is perfect for me and do agree so, glad I didn't go ahead and just order bare linen as I was so sure that was the shade for me from watching all the videos. I do think I will really like this but don't know if I will like it more than my Mally liquid in the compact.

I wear light in the newer IT CC cream foundation as well as light in the new Mally liquid in the compact and I could wear both fair as well as medium in the original BE mineral foundation pwd.