Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if you can do this diet without the exercise part of it? And what type of exercise is required? I really wanted to start exercising and eating right in 2014 but hurt my knee. I saw the shred diet on the Racheal Ray show and saw these women loose a lot of weight. Right now the walking/cardio is out for me. I'm planning on having an MRI and hopefully fix my knee. In the meantime, I'd really like to loose some pounds.

Super Contributor
i don't know what that diet is but i know you can lose weight without exercising on Weight Watchers. Sorry about the knee, good luck.
Honored Contributor

I believe this plan is HEAVY on exercise.

There are exercises you can do with your upper body while sitting in a chair.

You don't even need weights...soup cans will do to start.

Respected Contributor

Yes, you are right. It does get heavy on the exercise. I was able to take a look at the book at Target today. Glad I did because I was just going to buy it from Amazon and take my chances. One page I read said for 40 minutes of hard cardio. I couldn't do that with my knee right now. I did put things in motion with the doctor's office and insurance for my MRI so I'm hoping to get it done...know what the problem is and fix it.....and then get working on me!

Trusted Contributor

Stronger Seniors Core Fitness Chair based Pilates programI'm not implying that you are a senior, but this video got high recommendations from people in varied roles (working in a senior home), for personal use, and given as gifts. Amazon is out of them right now, but they are available on senioremporiumdotcom. $19.95.

Or, google chair pilate exercises and there are some you tube videos of people doing these. If they do move their leg and it would hurt your knee, I would just skip over that part.

Good luck with the knee. I had a replacement in November, 2012 and June, 2013 and wonder why I waited so long. Not saying that is what you need, but if I were you, I would consult a good orthopedic doctor right away and not let it get worse, so you don't need a replacement.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta