Valued Contributor

Help, what’s the best self tanner

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your help.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help, what’s the best self tanner

I will give you my personal favorite but seriously you know you will get bombarded from everyone with all of their favorites. Your head will be spinning. I like Mine Tan because they have many different versions depending upon how dark you want to be.Chaz also has tanning drops which I bought but haven't used yet. It's getting great reviews. You may want to also just search tanning products and see what people say. Although some reviews are so questionable on here. Good luck. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to an outside company

Valued Contributor

I am a redhead, very fair skin with freckles. I have tried my share of self tanners, for sure. My favorite self tanner is Vita Liberata which I find at Ulta. It doesn't give me an orange shade, but a nice healthy glow. Also, the smell is minimal to none. A bit pricey, $54 for 4.22 ounces. If you don't want to spend as much money, my next go-to is at Target, Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer in Fair/Medium $2.49 for 2 ounces. It gives a gradual glow, so the more you put on, the more you will tan. But, the smell isn't good. I put it on at night and then have to shower the next morning to get the scent off. 

Respected Contributor

I've tried so many of them and am so sensitive to both the SMELL (my nose it just too good which is not always a benefit!) and the color.  IMO the MINE TAN is exceptional.  Minimal,  really minimal of that self tan scent....  almost nothing.   They have a gradual tan which is really nice for the face, and then a deeper one.  I actually mix the deep dark Mine Tan with my Josie Maran butter and apply together.  That gives me the most even application (which I do with my hands).  Good luck.   It's such an individual thing.  Let us know what you find.

Honored Contributor

Different ones offer different selling points, some best for NO nasty smell, some best for the natural color, some best for ease of application, some best for staying power, andthe list goes on. Is there a really perfect one on all those points,I doubt it. That is why I got disgusted a few years ago, and now stay pale, my life is a lot less complicated staying pale. 

Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl wrote:

Thanks for your help.

@lucky-girl , my daughter loves Josie's self tanning Argan oil. 

Respected Contributor

I quit the hunt.......in my honest opinion they all have a funky after smell. Being in my 70’s the self tanning products made my age spots darker and made them show up even more. So I just gave up. I use a chemical free sunscreen and sit out in the morning sun for about thirty minutes just to get a little color on my arms & legs. No more self tanners or gel nails. Life is so much more easier. Less stress........😷🙋🏻‍♀️🍷🥰
Esteemed Contributor

While I have tried many, I still am in search of one myself that does not smell.  Even the most expensive lines have that smell.  There are many out there that give you nice color, if the self-tan odor is not a problem for you.

Honored Contributor

You can safely sit in sun for about 25 minutes per day, with no sunscree,  the Vit D is very good for you. Keep face and neck covered or with sunscreen. .