Honored Contributor

Help...what happened to my neck?

Ladies....I caught a good look at my neck in the sunlight and couldn't believe my eyes! It looks like I have railroad tracks runing vertically on flaccid middle of the neck skin....ewwwwww! Is there any thing that works besides a plastic surgeon? I know this question has been asked numerous times....hope springs eternal! I did buy the Suzanne Sommers gadget she has been using on her face for years...I guess I better open the box and get going! What about an other electronics...anyone having noticable success?

Super Contributor

Re: Help...what happened to my neck?

I don't think anything will be a permanent or even improving fix. I do believe that if you apply lotion several times a day it will help greatly until it evaporates and then you need to reapply. Hand lotion is fine. Plump up the crepy skin and it will look firmer.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

I know! You reach a certain age and then all of a sudden -- dog years!

So I think the skin and muscles need to be addressed in the neck. I've just begun using a NuFace and am hopeful I'll see results (I'm seeing results on my face -- minimal -- but results), haven't really been paying attention to my neck, though, but I will.

So I would use a gadget (like your Suzanne Sommers) and every potion and cream with the words "tightening", "firming" and "lifting" in the promises. A few people reported they felt the recent SKINN TTV (Dermallift) was kind of impressive (and of course others who said it did nothing), but it may be worth a shot. Let us know how it goes!

Honored Contributor

I @pply lotion 2 or 3 times @ d@y. You c@n't fight the @Ging process but you c@n keep it moisturized which m@y help little.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Stop looking at it. That's the best solution.

Smile Seriously, I know how you feel. Whenever I lean down to put laundry into my dryer, I can see the reflection of my neck in the knob that sets the temperature. It's not a pretty sight. But I really try not to obsess about it. It is what it is.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I feel bad about my neck.:-(
Super Contributor

On 2/3/2014 glmama said: I feel bad about my neck.:-(

Well, that's silly. It's a neck. It has lots of blood vessels, a windpipe, a throat ... if all those things are working, you've got it made. Oh, and it allows you to move your head. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 2/3/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Smile Seriously, I know how you feel. Whenever I lean down to put laundry into my dryer, I can see the reflection of my neck in the knob that sets the temperature. It's not a pretty sight. But I really try not to obsess about it. It is what it is.

That's probably the best thing to do. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Wish I would be that wise.

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 2/3/2014 suzyQ3 said:

That's probably the best thing to do. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Wish I would be that wise.

And I wish I were as wise as my own words, MarenSeattle. I sometimes think about getting a dryer without a reflective knob. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

It truly is amazing to watch oneself decrepitate. Not a word, I know, but it should be a form of "decrepit."

Oh, wait. It is a word. Haha.

"Decrepitate" -- "to roast or calcine (crystals or salts) until they emit a crackling sound or until crackling stops... to make a crackling sound when roasted."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Here's the deal: I'm in my early 30s and have had them for as long as I can remember. Not sagging, just two fairly deep lines. Nothing works completely, IMO, but that doesn't mean they don't still annoy me. I think moisturizing helps though. My mother is beautiful and looks great for her age, considering they didn't have money for lotions and potions and less info was around when she started using retinol, etc, and she has them. I look at other females in my family and think it's genetic, so I guess I'll put my focus somewhere else! Smiley Wink