Honored Contributor

Help w/ detangler/leave-in conditioner, please

[ Edited ]

Hiya, babes...

Have any of you created a decent recipe for a detangler/leave-in spray, using regular conditioner?

TIA...  8)

---

Oh, by the way, it's

4e8a4cc6e3ca96c143f800db13fef459.jpg (236×167)

Contributor

Re: DIY spray for detangler/leave-in conditioner

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed the adorable "Caturday" picture that you posted.   Thanks for making me smile, I needed it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your appreciation, @dmk2.

Glad I made you smileWoman Happy ...hope your heart stays lighter.

Honored Contributor

Before I gave up ALL my WEN, I used the REPLENISHING MIST to detangle & as a leave-in conditioner. Before that I used the OJON mist which I can't find anymore. I went on Pinterest w/ the same question for a DIY solution several months ago:

1 part bottled water

1 part any conditioner you use in shower

Shake together in a plastic spray bottle.

I've been using it since I made the first batch & works great...especially on 2nd day hair!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Help w/ detangler/leave-in conditioner, please

Anyone else have a DIY recipe that has worked well for you? 

Thanks.  8)

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 6 oz. spray bottle.  I put 1 1/2 to 2 inches of my conditioner in the bottom, then I add warm water and shake it up really well.

After I get my hair detangled with the spray and a wide-toothed comb, I add a little bit more conditioner to the areas that need it.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

You can mix any conditioner you like with water and put it in a spray bottle. By trial and error you can figure out what works best for your hair. I don't even bother with that. Before I get out of the shower I add a dime size amount of conditioner (after conditioning and rinsing) and work it through my hair. You might like to use less or more depending on your hair type.

I just don't find the need to mix it with water and put it in a spray bottle. You may like that though. I feel my hair is wet when I am getting out of the shower so I feel no need to mix it.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

drugstore-Infusium 23 has worked well for me in the past and I have long hair.

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Infusium. It's the only leave in conditioner that ever worked for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I like a spray leave-in conditioner as a traditional conditioner is just too much for my fine hair.  Like @Irshgrl31201 said, my stylist once told me to just add some water to any of my conditioners and make it a spray leave-in.  I've done that to use up conditioners in the past but I personally really like the Soy Tri-Wheat conditioner by Big, Sexy Hair.