Trusted Contributor

Re: Help to plump up fine straight hair?

[ Edited ]

Just tried this new item:  Marc Anthony's Volumizing Super Powder

I found it at Rite Aid's...

it has a nice precise spray...hair feels thicker, has texture...still playing with it, but so far looks like a re-buy...think it cost 8.99

Marc Anthony.png

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have baby fine wavy hair .... all these work for me.  Just depends on my mood which one I pick up: I prefer to rotate products than to use the same thing over and over.  Works best for me.

Thicker Fuller Hiar ... they have a shampoo, conditioner, thickening serum, gel.... a whole line of products.  They all work just fine.

Tresemme mousse ..  have a couple of different ones - they all do the job.

Tresemme hair spray (the one with the four stars)

Garnier Texture Tease (found on Amazon and subscribed to it.  I go through alot of this.

What DOESN'T work aree the L'Oreal thickening products.  

VO5 used to have a volume shampoo that was great - but I haven't seen it in a while.  

@ALRATIBA, VO5 also had a volumizing mousse that was awesome but of course, they discontinued it.  

Contributor

You must try Tweak'd By Nature. The Restore  shampoo and conditioner really have improved the volume in my hair. I see great results when I use the Restore balm with any shampoo. Fabulous stuff!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Would this tool work on shorter hair? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@conlt wrote:

@SilleeMee  Would this tool work on shorter hair? 

@conlt 

The Rootie is 3/4-inch wide. So it would be best used on hair that is longer than that. Your hair has to be long enough to cover the crimped section closest to your scalp. Otherwise you would see the crimps. The Rootie is used on the under layers and not on the top or the hair closest to face where you'd see crimps. I would say if you can back-comb your hair and make it look natural then the Rootie might work for you. If your hair is so short that you cannot tease it then I would not recommend the Rootie.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee I ended up buying the smallest 1 that they make. The website said it was good for shorter hair. My hair is not overly short. We shall see. Thank you! 

Occasional Contributor

Sounds like me. I have a closet full of volumizing products. Maybe 1 or 2 will work for a couple of weeks and that is it! I believe I am ready to give up the battle.