Valued Contributor

Re: Help to plump up fine straight hair?

I also like the voloom, but I have to be careful so that the crimps don’t show through the top layer of my hair. But it is genius. For products, the best results I’ve gotten is with living proof’s full and timeless root spray and mousse but apply very sparingly!
Contributor

Thanks!

You’ve all given me new suggestions. I’ll be trying them all

before I spring for the rootie. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 

Is it good for your hair? Have you had any improvements or negative issues Does it contain silicones.  

TIA

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hair......the bane of my existence these days. Lost it due to chemo; it grew back different than pre chemo---was always straight and thin and fine but due to meds I have to take now, it is more so. One thing I don't do is use conditioner. That just weighs it down even more. It is short and I use a tiny dollop of mousse with some spray and shine by Paul Mitchell and only  put it on the ends and not on the scalp. Does ok. Just need a realy good cut which I haven;t been able to achieve yet. Makes me crazy !!!

Regular Contributor

Another vote for Voloom Rootie.   

Honored Contributor

@Grammyto3 wrote:

I’ve tried Nick Chavez with no luck. 

Salt sprays help a little bit but feels terrible. 

My hair is short too so it really needs help. 

My mom keeps pushing for a perm but I really don’t want to do that. 

The only thing that really gives my fine, straight hair any body is hair color. It swells the cuticle and it makes me look like I have thick, full hair. I also have a few layers which work wonders. My hair is mid-length now and I also found that if I had a pixie it always looked a lot flatter and my hair never fell as nicely as when it is longer...

Contributor

I agree, I just had highlights last week, but I feel I need a whole head color. I don’t notice any plumpness.  I have an important wedding Saturday so I was afraid to do it till afterwards. 

Honored Contributor

I have baby fine wavy hair .... all these work for me.  Just depends on my mood which one I pick up: I prefer to rotate products than to use the same thing over and over.  Works best for me.

Thicker Fuller Hiar ... they have a shampoo, conditioner, thickening serum, gel.... a whole line of products.  They all work just fine.

Tresemme mousse ..  have a couple of different ones - they all do the job.

Tresemme hair spray (the one with the four stars)

Garnier Texture Tease (found on Amazon and subscribed to it.  I go through alot of this.

What DOESN'T work aree the L'Oreal thickening products.  

VO5 used to have a volume shampoo that was great - but I haven't seen it in a while.  

Trusted Contributor

Wow, ladies, all this great information here!  My hair has always been fine and stick straight; ever since menopause it seems like half of it has fallen out!  I've never worn it shorter than shoulder length, and it just lays there like it's asleep.  I'm definitely getting that Rootie and I'll try some of these recommended products.  @Grammyto3 , thanks for asking this question!

Honored Contributor

@hopi  If you are talking about the Aquage thickening spray gel.  It does not harm the hair in any way.  I do receive thickness from it.  I have been using it for over 5 years.  There are beauty salons that sell this brand but I usually buy it online.  It does last a very long time.  

kindness is strength