Contributor

I think I want to add the Cucumber Aloe to my rotation for summer to help extend the time between cleansings. I color my hair blonde. Will this formula be too drying? I currently have the SAM and just ordered the SHP. During the winter I can go 3, sometimes 4 days before cleansing, but now have to cleanse every other day. Any advice will be appreciated !

Respected Contributor

I personally don't find it drying (and my hair needs a lot of moisture and gets along best with Fig), but you could always just add some of your SAM or SHP to the lengths/ends of your hair for a touch more moisture. I find the CA very refreshing in summer!

Respected Contributor

I use CA alternately w TT. I don't find it drying at all. It's supposed to make the ends moist while cleaning the scalp. In fact, I find TT more volumizing and drying than CA but these WEN are one of those things that are quite individualized. You have to experiment a bit. For sure, it is more drying than Pomegranate or Fig.

Respected Contributor
You may like the Wen kids line. The Wen kids line has the witch hazel in them like cucumber aloe, but are more moisturizing in my opinion and smell better, too. My daughter uses Wen kids and can go longer between cleanses than she does with the regular cc's. The apple seems like the one that is the most astringent of all the Wen kids formulas with watermelon second and strawberry banana third. I just bought a gallon of apple. It smells really good and works great.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Highlighted
Contributor

I use ca all year long. I do the first cleanse with ca and I do the second with ca on the scalp and a seasonal for my ends. It has worked pretty well for me .I do try to mix things up once in a while, but I can not get away from the ca...!

Honored Contributor

I highlight my hair and use CA as part of my first cleanse cocktail everytime I wash my hair.

Frequent Contributor
On 6/23/2014 maisy said:

I use ca all year long. I do the first cleanse with ca and I do the second with ca on the scalp and a seasonal for my ends. It has worked pretty well for me .I do try to mix things up once in a while, but I can not get away from the ca...!

I cleanse the same exact way. CA first cleanse (sometimes mixing with TT). And CA on my scalp for the second cleanse. I have found this to be the most effective combination for me since I have an oily scalp, but really enjoy many of the other CCs.

For me, CA is not drying, but it also doesn't give my hair the extra moisture it needs. So I use a different CC on my ends, a little as leave-in, followed by SC and oil.

I'm sure if I used CA on my ends, followed by SC and oil, my hair would be fine also.

Frequent Contributor

I was using seasonal and 613 and my hair was getting dryer and dryer. After asking advice here I switched to CA and it's improved significantly after just two cleansings.

PS I'm a bleached blond....

Contributor

Thanks everyone! I think I will purchase CA and will also check into the Kid's Wen line as well.