Occasional Contributor

Re: Help please - I have large pores and need help with foundation and primer!

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I really appreciate your advice and ideas. Though my pores are huge, they are not congested as I am devoted to my Clarisonic (daily) and Exfolikate(twice a week) by Kate Sommerville. I also use Philosophy Microdelivery with the Clarisonic(nightly) followed by Dr. Denese Pore minimizer and in the morning, Philosophy Purity. Heredity and menopause seem to be the key contributors to my challenging pores! Currently, for "foundation" I am using Benefits the POREfessional followed by It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores. I would love to find a primer and foundation for better coverage that does not emphasize pore size. Thanks again for your help!

Occasional Contributor

On 4/21/2014 LuluCCS said:

Before I start babbling, are you near a Sephora to request samples? What kind of skin do you have, dry, normal, oily? What are you using now? Are you using a finishing powder? Is there a budget we need to work with?

Hi Lulu! I live about an hour away from a Sephora. I have combination skin. Currently, I am using Benefits Porefessional followed by It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores. My budget is flexible. I apologize for not being more specific in my description of current product use. Thank you for helping with questions!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

Hi Kayak Queen!

I have large pores on just one cheek (weird) and tried so many things but had the same issues as you. Makeup always settled in them and looked like polka dots by the end of the day lol! Finally found what works best is Mally's Perfect Prep Poreless primer underneath my foundation, then over my foundation I use Mally's Face Defender... now that Face Defender is magical! It's clear and blurs pores like nothing else! (Skinn has one similar called Plasma Flawless Finish).

These two products help my makeup look flawless and last all day.

Mally's site has a great duo with both for $39.95, that's where I got mine and they last forever. http://www.mallybeauty.com/beautiful-skin-prep

Super Contributor

Oh, I also have combo skin with rosacea and use IT CC cream and/or Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten for foundation. The LG is my HG, it doesn't settle into pores like other powder foundations I've tried. I only use the CC cream when I need fuller coverage or need the extra sun protection.

Honored Contributor

Before primer and foundation, I'd recommend addressing your concerns with skincare first.

Super Contributor

I am liking the new Garnier blur plus the pore minimizer by Clinque (sorry don't have the exact name).

I am working my way thru some samples, trying to find a foundation that works better for my moderate pores (using a clarisonic really does help), oily skin with some wrinkles, as my old standby - Original BE - is now working as well for me.

I have tried the new BE liquid, PTR's CC, and Hourglass liquid. I have a Tarte Amazonian Clay yet to try. Of these three, so far I like the PTR best. I didn't think it would be enough coverage, but it's good.

Michele

Occasional Contributor

On 4/22/2014 MissKlynn said:

Hi Kayak Queen!

I have large pores on just one cheek (weird) and tried so many things but had the same issues as you. Makeup always settled in them and looked like polka dots by the end of the day lol! Finally found what works best is Mally's Perfect Prep Poreless primer underneath my foundation, then over my foundation I use Mally's Face Defender... now that Face Defender is magical! It's clear and blurs pores like nothing else! (Skinn has one similar called Plasma Flawless Finish).

These two products help my makeup look flawless and last all day.

Mally's site has a great duo with both for $39.95, that's where I got mine and they last forever. http://www.mallybeauty.com/beautiful-skin-prep

Hi MissKlynn! THANK YOU for your suggestions and sharing. I just placed an order via mally.com for the primer and defender - what a deal. It was my first visit to the Mally website. I really appreciate your help.

Super Contributor

On 4/21/2014 Kjelle said: Clarisonic will help clean out and shrink the pores, but have you used an HD finishing powder? Make up Forever HD finishing powder will blur the pores and look really great. It is at Sephora.

{#emotions_dlg.wub} I absolutely ADORE this finishing powder. Apply with a kabuki brush and you'll get an air-brushed effect. You'll be gorgeous!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I cleanse, then use witch hazel. I use either Skinn orchid gel or Hard Candy primer. For a foundation I use BB or CC cream as I don't like heavy coverage. I also use flawless compact to minimize pores.

Regular Contributor

I too have huge pores! The only foundation I have found that hides my pores is IT Celebration Foundation. After I apply that, I set it with Bye Bye Pores setting powder. I can go ALL DAY without touching up and my pores are still hidden!!! I used to use Bare Minerals original foundation, but since the company sold out, I think they have changed the formula because this lays in my fine lines and emphasizes my pores!