Super Contributor

Help - need IT question answered before I order

I think I'm going to  try the TSV, but I wear the medium in the CC, but in the last TSV with the powder foundation, I had to order the light as it seemed to go on a bit darker. I don't know what color to order in the new foundation...light or medium. Should I go medium since that's what I use in the CC?

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Contributor

Re: Help - need IT question answered before I order

I am the same way.  I have ordered the medium shade and it was way too dark for me.  Maybe light would be the best choice.

Valued Contributor

Hi M.M.,

I always have the same issue with foundation choices.  The medium looks dark to me, so if I were ordering I would go with the light.   I use the medium in the CC cream but I find it very sheer so I don't have a problem

I hated to answer you cause I don't want to send you down the wrong path.  Good luck

Super Contributor

@LexPex

Thanks for responding. You said exactly what I was thinking. I'm going with the light. I figure if it's too light, I can put a touch of powder over it. I'd rather it be to light than too dark. Thanks for your help.

Super Contributor

@kjg

I alway have this issue when I try to buy foundation that I can't try on. I wish Ulta already had this product so I could have tried out the shade before ordering. I'm with you, I'm going light. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

With any brand I find most skintones need a shade lighter in powder formulas than they do for creams and liquids (in the brand). Using that line of thinking, one who was good with Light in Celebration foundation should probably try Medium in the new cream. 

Good luck with the choice.  I'm passing on the TSV because I just don't want any new skincare right now and IT's Tan and Rich colors are both slightly off for my skin color.  On me, Tan looks a bit ashy and Rich a bit too dark. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find the IT Foundations pretty forgiving and universal. I think I would order the light if I was you.
Respected Contributor

I tend to order the tan in all of IT products.  I did get one item that was a little more tan Smiley Happy  That one I ended up using in summer when I was a little more tan Smiley Happy

Deb