Super Contributor

Save your money on the NuFace. What a waste of $250!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Thank you ladies for the advise. I guess I won't be getting the Nu Face. I can't see that surgery is in my near future but you never know. I am just going to concentrate on keeping my weight down and working out. I like that I can reach out to you ladies for valuable advise on what works and what does not. Thank you all ! Woman Wink 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I went through a similar situation with my face sagging after years of bad lifestyle choices, then illness and then weight loss. I hated the way I looked at age 47 back then. I looked so much older  and I didn't want that! So I made an appointment with a derm to see what could be done. Turned out I had laser lift procedures done on my face, eyes and neck to tighten the skin on those places...no surgical cutting.  It was a total of 6 treatments over a span of 6 months. The results were fantastic. I'm 63 now and the results are still with me, although I could use some tweeking Woman Very Happy, I'm still very happy with how I look. I think I look younger than 63 and so do my friends. it's not an inexpensive thing to do but it costs less than a traditional face lift by far and there's no cutting.

Can you give a little mor info on what laser lifts are ~ I have just starting noticing that my face is stating to sag ~ not bad but really starting to bother me ~ sounds like something that may work ~  I dont want any full under the knife lift ~ just a little help 

Respected Contributor

I hate the nose to mouth lines and mentioned it to my derm.  She recommended Skinceuticals hyalarounic acid.  I didn't purchase it because it is pricey.  There are products on Amazon that get a lot of good reviews for a lot less money if you wanted to try one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help my face is falling

[ Edited ]

@CoastalGal wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I went through a similar situation with my face sagging after years of bad lifestyle choices, then illness and then weight loss. I hated the way I looked at age 47 back then. I looked so much older  and I didn't want that! So I made an appointment with a derm to see what could be done. Turned out I had laser lift procedures done on my face, eyes and neck to tighten the skin on those places...no surgical cutting.  It was a total of 6 treatments over a span of 6 months. The results were fantastic. I'm 63 now and the results are still with me, although I could use some tweeking Woman Very Happy, I'm still very happy with how I look. I think I look younger than 63 and so do my friends. it's not an inexpensive thing to do but it costs less than a traditional face lift by far and there's no cutting.

Can you give a little mor info on what laser lifts are ~ I have just starting noticing that my face is stating to sag ~ not bad but really starting to bother me ~ sounds like something that may work ~  I dont want any full under the knife lift ~ just a little help 

@CoastalGal 

The derm uses a laser on your face to induce collagen which makes the skin tighten and reduce wrinkles. It's done in a series of treatments, usually about 6 treatments total, spaced one month apart. Your face is numbed with a cream, the derm sweeps the laser on your skin and then it turns bright red for a few days. Then in about a week your face gets dry and peels. Feels like a bad sunburn. You can stop at any time depending on your progress. 

A visit to your derm for consultation is the best thing to do and that way you can see what options might be right for you. Laser lifts are only one type of treatment and there are others, for example Ultherapy (ultrasound) or RF (radiofrequency). Just depends on what the derm may find that will work best for your skin conditions. 

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I hate the nose to mouth lines and mentioned it to my derm.  She recommended Skinceuticals hyalarounic acid.  I didn't purchase it because it is pricey.  There are products on Amazon that get a lot of good reviews for a lot less money if you wanted to try one.

@RainyDayGal, I think you were smart. I can't imagine that HA would do much to eliminate those lines. At best, it might act as a moisturizer and soften the appearance, but then any good moisturizer could that as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Try some of the LIfting products at Serious Skin care or Skinn too Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I swear by Dr. Denese skincare products especially the Wrinkle Defense Duo (face & neck) In in the 50+and holding range and it really makes a difference.I use quite a few of her products and have had results from all of them. 

When I met my friend for lunch she commented on how great my neck and face looked. I never had complicments on my skin until I started using Dr. Denese skincare. 

I watch that NuFace demo every time it's a tSV but it is not budget friendly for me. I'm not one for plastic surgury either. I just want to look the best that I can fo rmy age and I think I'm doing that. 

Congrats on your weight loss. 

What products do you use in her line other tha the Wrinkle Defense that you like. She has so many products I wouldn't know where to start. Glad you are having success.

Honored Contributor

I like my nuface and it might be a good place to start. I do think in the case of major weight loss, surgery would end up being your best bet but of course there is risk in any surgery not to mention cash outlay

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Try some of the LIfting products at Serious Skin care or Skinn too Smiley Happy

No, do NOT waste your money. Topicals do nothing for lifting and tightening skin. ONLY surgery. Anything else is a waste of money. Trust me, I have been there.