Honored Contributor

Re: Help me find a new shampoo and conditioner!

@StillRachB. My hair is dry because it's curly & I color it every 4-6 wks. About 6 months ago, I purchased Nick Chavez Mesquite Hydrating s&c in a 5 pc. kit that had hairspray, gel, and a serum sample. My hair did a 180 after a few shampoos.

Whenever he's on, he always says that he wouldn't be on Q for 25 yrs. if his products didn't work. Darn if he isn't right!!! I think the s&c is the big change I see. Don't use much hairspray & only a tiny bit of gel, but that's great, too. 

Trusted Contributor

Davines is great and R&CO ask Barneys New York to send you a few samples, just call one of the stores and ask the sales associate if she could send you a few samples regarding the type of hair you need. These are my favorite.

Respected Contributor

My HG shampoo and conditioner is DHC's Light and Smooth shampoo and conditioner. You can call their customer service for samples. Bottles are 18.5 ounces each for $19.50 or you can buy the set for $34.00. My hair is fine, thick, color treated and porous. These are the only products that make my hair soft and manageable. They smell nice too.

i like DHC's After Bath Shiny oil treatment as well, but I'm going to try the Luxe product from Sally's Beauty that someone recommended on this forum. If that doesn't work, I will go back to DHC's oil.

Trusted Contributor

@ItsME. I like this too, and those hask vials of oil for your hair. Smells good too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  Our hair is almost identical except I add a body perm so my style doesn't self destroy when it rains; I use a curling rod three or four days and clip it up the rest of the time.

I use Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo with their Smooth Infusian Conditioner.  It works and really lasts at twice a week.

Honored Contributor

I use ColorProof, a line founded by the guy who started PureOlogy.  I buy it from Amazon as it is much cheaper. My salon is transitioning from all Aveda to ColorProof.

I still use (and love the smell) Moroccanoil about once a week.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you looking for Salon Quality  or Drugstore?

You really can not go wrong with Hempz Couture  Moisture in the blue metallic bottle. Costs the same ( little over $40) But the bottles are 3x bigger (25oz) , will last longer and go on sale for $12  several times a year  at beautybrands. Brochato Cloud 9 also goes on sale a few times a year at beautybrands and its very reparing and moisturizing and smells alot like Pure Grace. These are both sulfate free and gentle, scent is light. Not sulfate free  but low in sulfates  is Paul Mitchell. Awaupi Ginger Origional  is their moisture shampoo. Smells like baby powder to me. I have long fine hair 

As far as drugstore brands go I just tried Tressemme Repair 7 in 1  and gave me faboulous moisterized hair!  I picked up pump bottle set for $8 at Sams Club. Also gave my hair wonderful fullness and my hair  is very fine.  It probbaly has silicones I am guessing but Biotin is high up on the ingredient list.

Trusted Contributor

100% PURE.  Love their coconut shampoo and condtioner.  No sulfates.

Respected Contributor

@Nomorebirthdays  Thanks!  I'll have to check into the oil.

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

@ItsME. I like this too, and those hask vials of oil for your hair. Smells good too.

Respected Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

@Nomorebirthdays  Thanks!  I'll have to check into the oil.

@Nomorebirthdays wrote:

Shea Moisture oils are really good.  Under $9  and they are pure oils.  They have argan oil, castor oil and several others for the hair