Contributor

Help ladies,what is your fav travel bag?

I am wanting to get my mom a gift.  She loves cruises and I am wanting to get her a travel bag and or luggage set.  Do you ladies have any favorites in these areas?  Travel bag, luggage, travel organizers.  ANYTHING, you think a cruise lover would like to have.  Thanks ladies. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Help ladies,what is your fav travel bag?

I'm probably not much help.  I have several Vera Bradley travel bags, but I use them only when DH or I are the ones handling them.  For one, there's no lock, but I also don't think they're intended for any rough treatment by baggage handlers.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also not much help - I seem to keep on buying!  LOL

But, one thing I see coming up more and more (and something I'm starting to buy myself) are to use packing cubes.  So, I would consider adding these to whatever you end up buying.  

I bought a cheap set for a previous trip, thinking they wouldn't make a difference, but I ended up really liking how I was able to separate items.  I was just at a travel show today and talked myself into buying another, more expensive, set after listening to one of the speakers.  I'm sure I'll be buying more once I see how this new set works.

Respected Contributor

I'm love my Kipling Sherpa tote!!

Valued Contributor

I like my Rick Steves Veloce Guide Bag for ipad.  It holds my ereader, camera and assorted other stuff but organized enough and small enough to carry around the ship for cruise days. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My rec.'s would be,

Sonia Kashuk® Weekender- Target $30--large enough for  cosmetics and toiletries--there are 5-6 different colors/prints.  It even has a place to keep makeup brushes clean and shaped.  Love it.  Have gifted it and they loved it.

Lug Puddle Jumper Overnight Gym Bag--a great bag, even for travel.  I don't and wouldn't use for the gym, but love for other things.  I think the Q carries, but got on Amaz. for less.  

I also have and love some Freedom Bags- a large cosmetics  and toiletries bag.   Mine are old and not sure if you can still get, but worth looking for them.  I have used them SO much.

And Joy M over on the other channel has  bag that is square and rolls out.  I like it too.  We have many of them and use them for  all sorts of things. 

Again, I own all of these so recommend from using them.

hth  ~smiles, SnowKita 

Honored Contributor

When I buy luggage next time, I will get a hard-side.

You can pack things and not have to worry about things getting smashed.

Respected Contributor

I, and my parents (who can afford anything they want,) by all luggage at TJ Maxx or Marshall's. You can get some really great deals. My parents travel quite a bit....they cruise 3-4 times a year, and fly cross country and/or abroad 5-6 times a year. They recently switched from two-wheeled luggage to four-wheeled luggage. They are thrilled. The ease of moving the luggage around is astounding. I also have a four-wheeler and it moves like it's on silk. It's almost effortless. I highly recommend!
Frequent Contributor

For the best luggage and it is expensive is Briggs and Riley.  My husband travels a lot for work and we used to by 3-4 sets a year.  He owns just a couple of pieces and for 3 years we have not replaced any luggage.  Also their organization is the best.

I have just started on my set.  One piece at a time.

Suggestion, not matter which way you go.  Get a couple add ons like a little steamer, TSA locls, nice ID tags, travel cube.  I gave my niece a carry on and a tote from Marshals and filled it with little things she might not of though of.

Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in love with those packing cubes.  Everything stays neat and it's so easy to find your items in the suitcase.