Valued Contributor

Re: Help ladies,what is your fav travel bag?

Many years ago, I sat on a plane next to a pilot and a flight attendant, who were both flying to their next leg of their work day. I asked them what their favorite luggage was and why. Both didn't hesitate to say TravelPro and told me they are ridiculously durable and have all the right nooks and crannies, built-in netted areas for packing, etc.. TravelPro, they told me, was the official luggage for airline crews at that time (for United, American, etc.)

I have my original TravelPro set that is well over 25 years-old now -- both carry-on sizes and larger bags that I check. I still use all of them! About 5 years ago, I also bought a couple of the new TravelPro lightweight/swivel wheel pieces. There is honestly not one worn zipper or worn fabric or broken wheels on any of my TravelPro pieces, even though my luggage has been around the world and back more than once. 

Trusted Contributor

I also love TravelPro.  Had more expensive bags (Briggs, Tumi, etc) but like TravelPro better.  Also make sure to Beth the ones with 4 wheels and the cubes are an excellent suggestion.  It is amazing how much more you can pack if you use them.

Esteemed Contributor

@photodreamr wrote:

For the best luggage and it is expensive is Briggs and Riley.  My husband travels a lot for work and we used to by 3-4 sets a year.  He owns just a couple of pieces and for 3 years we have not replaced any luggage.  Also their organization is the best.

I have just started on my set.  One piece at a time.

Suggestion, not matter which way you go.  Get a couple add ons like a little steamer, TSA locls, nice ID tags, travel cube.  I gave my niece a carry on and a tote from Marshals and filled it with little things she might not of though of.

Hope this helps.

I agree. I have one bag that is 15 years old. It has survived the airlines, cruise ships, and my cat "Molly".  It is still going strong.

Esteemed Contributor

The original Freedom Bag - small soft-sided compartment bag for toiletries and small items..  I bought my first Freedom Bag on QVC over 20 years ago, and still have it today.   However, I've since bought 3 others so we now have 4.  Two of them my husband and I keep packed and ready to go at all times since we often take impromptu trips.  Just grab the Freedom Bag and go!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

My husband and I took a trip recently, and I had added two items to our packing accessories. Let me tell you, it made a WORLD of difference!! As for the packing cubes, I would suggest two different colors - one for each person. That's what we did, and finding items was a breeze. I put dresses in one, bathing suits and cover ups in another, lingerie in one, etc, and it was the easiest packing and unpacking (not to mention finding things each day!) I've ever done. 

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/value-set-packing-cubes-slim-packing-cubes/115846?productid=13020...

Also, if you're looking for a toiletry bag, look no further:

http://www.ebags.com/product/travelon/total-toiletry-kit/254390?productid=10359714

It it is the BEST toiletry kit I've seen and used, and it can hang, too. Loads of compartments, and plenty of room for a beauty-holic like me to bring anything I need. Or, for two people! Plus, I took two of the compartments out (they Velcro in), and put my regular MU bag in there, and just set it on the bathroom counter when we got to the hotel. 

I've shopped with ebags several times, every purchase being great. Plus, they often have discount codes, rewards dollars, and mr rebates is usually 8-10% back. That's really nice. 

HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

I was at a travel show yesterday and, to reiterate what some have already said, one of the speakers highly recommended 4 wheeled bags. Especially for carryon to easily get through an airport and on plane.