Valued Contributor

Re: Help in concealing undereye circles

@feline groovy wrote:

@Fluke67 wrote:

I'm in the same boat.  I'm 48, and have had dark circles my whole life - thanks mom!  As I get older, I am getting a trough under the eyes, which made my eye area look extra dark.  My dermatologist injected filler, and that has helped significantly.  

For the discoloration, I find a corrector is a must.  i have not used eve pearl's, but I do use Bobbi brown bisque ( it's pink-ish), and it makes a huge difference.  I've tried bye bye undereye, and for me It does not cancel out the color enough on it's own - I have to mix in some red pigment to get that to correct enough. I'm too lazy to do that each day, so I tend to stick with BB bisque.  

Really, the corrector will make a huge difference, and then layer a brightening product on top, right along that under eye ridge will help further.   don't want to spread the brightner all over -keep it on that ridge.  Wayne goss on you tube has some good videos on correcting extreme darkness, as does Bobbi brown.   

If this helps you any, there are concealers and correctors on the market that are also brightening.

You then have just one product that does two things, and that means sheerer, thinner coverage.

Even if you wish to dust a tiny bit of translucent powder over it.

Thanks @feline groovy- do you have anything to recommend?  I've tried tons of concealers, etc over the years and I haven't found anything that both will correct the extreme blue/green and brighten the trough in one step.  I'm always looking to simplify!

Others have commented on isomers and skinn serums for circles, and sadly they did not work for me.  

Valued Contributor

The Pixi corrector from Target also comes individually in a little pot.  The shade is Brightening Peach.  They also have another pot concealer that is a beige color.  This one is very dry and it doesn't do anything for me.  The Brightening Peach works great.  I also put a skintone concealer over it since I have major dark blue discoloration at the inner corner of my eyes. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fluke67 wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@Fluke67 wrote:

I'm in the same boat.  I'm 48, and have had dark circles my whole life - thanks mom!  As I get older, I am getting a trough under the eyes, which made my eye area look extra dark.  My dermatologist injected filler, and that has helped significantly.  

For the discoloration, I find a corrector is a must.  i have not used eve pearl's, but I do use Bobbi brown bisque ( it's pink-ish), and it makes a huge difference.  I've tried bye bye undereye, and for me It does not cancel out the color enough on it's own - I have to mix in some red pigment to get that to correct enough. I'm too lazy to do that each day, so I tend to stick with BB bisque.  

Really, the corrector will make a huge difference, and then layer a brightening product on top, right along that under eye ridge will help further.   don't want to spread the brightner all over -keep it on that ridge.  Wayne goss on you tube has some good videos on correcting extreme darkness, as does Bobbi brown.   

If this helps you any, there are concealers and correctors on the market that are also brightening.

You then have just one product that does two things, and that means sheerer, thinner coverage.

Even if you wish to dust a tiny bit of translucent powder over it.

Thanks @feline groovy- do you have anything to recommend?  I've tried tons of concealers, etc over the years and I haven't found anything that both will correct the extreme blue/green and brighten the trough in one step.  I'm always looking to simplify!

Others have commented on isomers and skinn serums for circles, and sadly they did not work for me.  

You're most welcome, Fluke.  8)

Yep, simplicity is key in all areas of life!

In addition to the Pixi Correction Concentrate in "Brightening Peach", here are a few of my mostly-drugstore-budget faves:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in "Brightener/60"

Missha The Style Under Eye Brightener 

Pixi Eye Zone Brightener in "Lighten"

Do your research, then check out Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, CVS, and Target for the best prices, both online and in-store.

HTH, and I love the beautiful furbaby you've got as your avatar. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I used to have under eye circles when I was younger and strangely, they're gone now.  (Same for broken caps around nostrils!)

What I used to do was just *press* as speck of pressed powder or even a nude eye shadow just on the darker area.  Not the the whole under eye area as that just accentuated the situation.

If you have a quad of eye shadow that has a lighter nude (even a little shimmer can't hurt), take a Q-Tip or a clean applicator and try just dabbing the problem area. 

See how that works for you.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I'm not lazy and take the time do the triangle of light, I look like a different person. (I am 50+ with sunken eyes and very dark circles.) I use the Correct and Brighten pen by Trish McEvoy instead of her Instant Eye Lift. It is creamier, not as dry and lasts a lot longer.  There are similar click pens out there that work. Sometimes I do a small triangle, sometimes bigger. I experiment. Sometimes over foundation, sometimes alone with foundation in the other areas on my face. I ran out of this during a recent vacation (as there is no warning when the product is getting low) and I was lost without it. I am fair to light medium (neutral)  skin (more yellow than pink if I had to choose) and I like the shade 1.5 vs 1 which was far too yellow for me. I'm editing to add a tip: when trying to make the dark circle disappear, highlighting under the circle rather than on it, makes a big difference.  After the triangle or however you conceal......dab the product above the cheek bone and below the circle and it's amazing how it brings the eye out and hides the shadow.

Valued Contributor

Re: Help in concealing undereye circlesk

Thanks acatgirl. Will give that technique a try.  

Trusted Contributor

I recently received a sample of Exuviace concealer from Ulta and I really like it. It stays all day and covers my dark circles like none that I've used before. I have the It concealers to compare it. If you have an Ulta near you you could ask them for a sample. It really works for me. Good luck. 

Valued Contributor

ITA it's good to try treatment with serums. But if concealer is still needed -- as for me -- here's my favorite.

MAC Moisturecover for light coverage, and for heavier coverage while maintaining the "slip" -- ease of application -- I combine it with Laura Mercier High Coverage Concealer (in a tube). Both brands have lots of colors and I go light and make the triangle for a glow, also put it on my lids which are tea-stained and the inner and outer corners. Key is to layer it light and blend thoroughly with brush, sponge, or tapping fingers. The LM goes on best when it warms first on the finger.

Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit with the powder to set -- powder is very light. I haven't sprung for the corrector as it did not seem to make much difference to me, but it's another option.

These concealers are so good, most days I use as needed on eyes and around nose, and use no foundation - just good SPF/moisture.

Honored Contributor

Dermablend in chroma 00 works for me... it is a highly pigmented cream (?) very good coverage.  If some enters the crease under the eye, it can be just swiped with my finger to evenly distribute.

I also use it above the eye and into the inner and outer eye area.  Easy.

VERY light in coloring (porcelain); have crepies; no dark hollows

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~