Honored Contributor

Re: Help in concealing undereye circles

@feline groovy wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@feline groovy  that is interesting- I've never heard of that technique before and all the makeup people  on QVC (Mally, Laura Geller, Bobbi Brown, etc) always show applying it the way it shows on the right side. Thanks for sharing this.

@Adelina Ugh yeah, dark circles run in my family on both sides so I think I will be destined to have them in the near future. I already think I see a bit of shadowing, lol. I've been playing with concealing under the eyes but have yet to tried the salmon color.

Someone mentioned Pixi and I found this Pixi Eye  Bright kit that contains the pixi brightening one in it that the poster mentioned plus a few more things and think I want to try it if they are cruelty free (haven't checked yet). The fair/light has salmon color, a yellow and two more things can't remember now, lol. The only worry is that some say it a bit drying so we will see.

Image result for pixi eye bright

The Q isn't the only place to find tips and tricks from beauty experts, Happy.

Nor are they the only place that has well-respected makeup artists.

That's what the entire Internet is for!  (very thankfully)

Let's just say I'm naturally-curious about almost everything in life, LOL, and I spend a lot of time online reading and checking things out. 

uh yeah, I realize that but I haven't any used undereye concealer so I hadn't had any real need to search out more information on how to apply it. If and when I need it, I would have. I don't turn to QVC for my only source of information, I just mentioned them because I was pointing out that QVC has makeup artists on the beauty shows and they had never mentioned this. Please don't read into it more than that thinking I only rely on QVC for my information of any type. I rarely ever watch QVC and am on a few makeup boards outside of this one. So yeah, I'm not living in a cave and am well aware of the interwebz and all of its' magical glory ;o)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@feline groovy  that is interesting- I've never heard of that technique before and all the makeup people  on QVC (Mally, Laura Geller, Bobbi Brown, etc) always show applying it the way it shows on the right side. Thanks for sharing this.

@Adelina Ugh yeah, dark circles run in my family on both sides so I think I will be destined to have them in the near future. I already think I see a bit of shadowing, lol. I've been playing with concealing under the eyes but have yet to tried the salmon color.

Someone mentioned Pixi and I found this Pixi Eye  Bright kit that contains the pixi brightening one in it that the poster mentioned plus a few more things and think I want to try it if they are cruelty free (haven't checked yet). The fair/light has salmon color, a yellow and two more things can't remember now, lol. The only worry is that some say it a bit drying so we will see.

Image result for pixi eye bright

The Q isn't the only place to find tips and tricks from beauty experts, Happy.

Nor are they the only place that has well-respected makeup artists.

That's what the entire Internet is for!  (very thankfully)

Let's just say I'm naturally-curious about almost everything in life, LOL, and I spend a lot of time online reading and checking things out. 

uh yeah, I realize that but I haven't any used undereye concealer so I hadn't had any real need to search out more information on how to apply it. If and when I need it, I would have. I don't turn to QVC for my only source of information, I just mentioned them because I was pointing out that QVC has makeup artists on the beauty shows and they had never mentioned this. Please don't read into it more than that thinking I only rely on QVC for my information of any type. I rarely ever watch QVC and am on a few makeup boards outside of this one. So yeah, I'm not living in a cave and am well aware of the interwebz and all of its' magical glory ;o)

Oh.   8-)

Good to hear you may rely on others, too, for any info of any type.

Trusting just one source for anything isn't the best, as I'm sure you know.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains links to external shopping sites.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

Oh.   8-)

Good to hear you may rely on others, too, for any info of any type.

Trusting just one source for anything isn't the best, as I'm sure you know.

Not to beat this subject to death but you've obviously haven't read very many of my posts over the course of the past few years (which is fine!) because I am one of the few that is constanly stressing the importance of doing more indepth research on things and not relying on only a few sources and, more importantly, sources that do not state the source of their claims, fund the studies they are quoting from, and/or are not scientifically based.

I have never once bought a product from QVC or elsewhere simply based on the claims made by the host, vendor, an ad, or what a bunch of anonymous people on a forum love. Trust but verify has always been my motto. Some may call it a bit obsessive but 1.) I find it interesting and educating so it is a bit of a hobby for me  and 2.) I think I've saved alot of money over the years by doing more research on products and therefore not buying products that claim to do more than they can ever possibly do.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

It Cosmetics' Bye Bye Undereye is the best since the '90s when Ilana Harkavi sold her concealer.  Just make sure to put it on thin.

If you Google her name, you'll see on the first page of listings that her "IL-MAKIAGE" cosmetics line is still available, from three websites that will ship to U.S. customers.

Super Contributor

You need to start with a corrector. It will be a very salmon peachy almost orange color. In all honesty, may look a bit scary in the pot. Apply a very thin layer. Next you would apply your normal concealer.

The triangle method is great but that is about  highlighting which is very different than trying to cover dark circles. NYX makes peach/orange correctors in pots, I think three different intensities. Don't assume you need the lightest intensity unless you are porcelain, see through, fair! Benefit Erase Paste runs orange. Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier have correctors. Pixi at Target used to have a great one but I believe it is now discontinued. 

Whatever you do, don't try to cover circles with an extra light color. That will only make it look gray. Good luck!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Respected Contributor

@LuluCCS wrote:

You need to start with a corrector. It will be a very salmon peachy almost orange color. In all honesty, may look a bit scary in the pot. Apply a very thin layer. Next you would apply your normal concealer.

The triangle method is great but that is about  highlighting which is very different than trying to cover dark circles. NYX makes peach/orange correctors in pots, I think three different intensities. Don't assume you need the lightest intensity unless you are porcelain, see through, fair! Benefit Erase Paste runs orange. Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier have correctors. Pixi at Target used to have a great one but I believe it is now discontinued. 

Whatever you do, don't try to cover circles with an extra light color. That will only make it look gray. Good luck!

The Pixi hasn't been discontinued. I linked it in a previous post. I'm glad it's around, because it's less expensive than many products, easily accessible, and works fabulously!!!

Trusted Contributor

@LuluCCS wrote:

@LuluOnBeauty, I disagree with the statement I bolded in your post.  I think you are referring to the "triangle of light" which is indeed a highlighting method, and one that only works if a person does not have dark circles under their eyes. One should not highlight an area where there is darkness. This serves to draw attention to that area, which is why peach or salmon is the color of choice for dealing with darkness under and around the eye.

The triangle method which @feline groovy is writing about is one used by many professional makeup artists to ensure that a wider area is covered so as not to emphasize darkness and bags (which create shadows) which is what occurs when applying concealer merely to the immediate under eye area.

You can check out many explanations on the various reputable makeup artist blogs and websites.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Occasional Contributor

I agree with the poster who mentioned Bobbi Brown corrector in bisque. I also like her creamy concealer kit. I find the It BBUE to be too tacky for me personally, but I think I'm in the minority.

Honored Contributor

I have tried everything, nothing really works, IMO.  I don't have real bad circles.  Just a little puff sometimes that can be pinkish or blueish.  I use Nutura Bisse, The Cure sheer eye. 

Natura Bisse The Cure Sheer Eye -  - Barneys.com

It works.  What I like is it seems to lift a bit, reduce puffiness, and it stays for a long time!

I received several samples that lasted me a couple weeks.  I loved it so much I went looking to buy it.  I have used it for quite a while well over a year