Regular Contributor

I have thick, wavy, dry hair and I do flat iron it and put product in it and it still gets frizzy. I can’t use WEN. Can anyone recommend a good shampoo, conditioner and product that really works. I am not looking to get a keratin treatment. Thank in advance!🥰

Honored Contributor

@Happy2000twou wrote:

I have thick, wavy, dry hair and I do flat iron it and put product in it and it still gets frizzy. I can’t use WEN. Can anyone recommend a good shampoo, conditioner and product that really works. I am not looking to get a keratin treatment. Thank in advance!🥰

@Happy2000twou   I don't think products are an issue as much as blow drying and then using a flat iron. Damaged, dry hair will frizz. I'd suggest deep conditioning a few times a week and limiting the use of hot tools. Are you using a heat protectant?

Respected Contributor

Your hair sounds similar to mine.  Mine is also course in texture so very prone to frizz.

I have used Matrix's Biolage RAW nourishing shampoo I bought it at a salon when we were traveling and I forgot my WEN.

My regular routine is WEN.  Tea tree on roots, Fig on the length and my hair is frizz-free and easy.  I too flat iron and heat style.

Trusted Contributor

I have thick, wavy, curly and frizzy hair as well.  My hair is mostly all one length and between my chin and shoulders. I use Redken All Soft Shampoo.  I have used Redken for years.  Occasional I use a conditioner.  I set it on large rollers, let it dry naturally and almost never use heat on it.  I think it makes a big difference. I have a Conair heated brush, it does not spin. I only need that occasionally in the summer and it does get the frizz out.  I am retired so my method may not work for you. 

Frequent Contributor

My sisters hair gets frizzy, I had her try Nick Chavez's "velvet mesquite serum", she really liked it cause it helped with the frizzy (I don't have frizzies, I use it for shine). Also, another suggestion that may help, I had bought a sleep cap to keep rollers in my hair overnight. The next morning the rollers were perfect, like I had just put them in (normally the rollers would be coming out by the morning). Some reviews on the cap said it helped with frizzies, i used it without rollers to see how my hair would look the next day, it looked a lot nicer (smoother). Maybe the cap would help, they weren't very expensive either. 

Honored Contributor

@Happy2000twou   Aveda's Smooth Infusion Style Prep Smoother.  You can purchase for $9 to try out or $26.  They also offer shampoo, etc.  Plus free shipping on everything.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: Help for my frizzy hair

[ Edited ]

@Happy2000twou wrote:

@Happy2000twou 

I also have wavy & frizzy hair, and it is also curly...it can turn into banana curls all by itself with the frizzies on top!  The only way my mom could control my hair as a kid was with a pony tail on each side of my ears and let them turn into banana curls on their own with all wiry frizz on top!  LOL! 

I have to dry it with the type of hair dryer that has a comb attachment...all other types of dryers only blow it all into knots and I cannot use a brush & hairdryer at the same time...I'm just not coordinated.  And I use a CHI to flat iron it.  What a chore!

My hairdresser uses 'Scruples Silk Control blow dry elixir' on my hair.

When she does my hair it comes out perfect, of course!  I finally decided to try it myself (big procrastinator) & have been using it for a couple of months now & it helps somewhat for me, not as great as when hairdresser does it but definitely better than before.  She has it in her salon if customers want to purchase it, so maybe check your salon or others in your area, or maybe online...cost was minimal...she only charged me $15....I'm posting a pic.

This is used before blow drying...she told me to use about a dime size, rubbed on hands then apply ends to top...it is not oily.  If you feel you need more on top just try to adjust.  Then before flat iron she uses Morrocan/Argan oil too, which I have been doing for years anyway which also helps with the frizzies...a little goes a long way, and I apply it same way, rub on hands, ends to top so top is only getting little left on hands, but if you need little more on top then adjust...my hair is just below shoulder length and not too thick any longer.  Unfortunately when it is very humid or very damp I still need to pull it back otherwise I feel like it is growing up & out with the frizzies...it can turn into a total unruly knotted mess!

Good luck, I know how frustrating frizzy hair can be!

20191006_191435.jpg

Respected Contributor

Have you tried Frizz Dismiss from Redken?  It is available in shampoo and conditioner, it is also sulfate free.  I recently purchased this set at Ulta on sale and received "One United" as a bonus.  It is a multi benefit treatment that has coconut oil included in the formula that has made a big difference in my hair that can become unruly and borders on chia pet when humid.

Honored Contributor

@Happy2000twou wrote:

I am using a Korean product from hsn called moremo or something like that.It is a very thin liquid that you apply after shampoo and leave on ten minutes and rinse.This has worked better than wen and all of the other expensive products I have tried.

Regular Contributor

Aveda's Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight. It's a curl straightener that progressively loosens curls with each use.