Contributor

I guess it’s time I do something about my lip lines. 

I met a rude woman at a baby shower. The conversation somehow went to who smokes and who doesn’t . The woman looked at me and said

”you must be a smoker with those lip lines”!

I was so shocked, I just said , no, I don’t, and walked away from her.

My problem is, I’m a whistler!  I whislte all the time. While I cook, clean, shop, garden...I try to notice

and stop, but I find myself whistling songs, commercials, store music.....

I need whistlers anonymous!

Any creams you could recommend?

Respected Contributor

That was so rude of someone to point out your lip lines!

I doubt if using a cream will do much good. So you have lip lines, it's not the end of the world.  If you really want to quit your whistling, substitute something else like chewing gum or sugarless mints. 

And if that doesn't work, enjoy your whistling and go on with your life.  We love you the way you are.  Happy Mother's Day!

Honored Contributor

@Grammyto3   Wow how rude!  I would have been shocked too....I probably wuld have been stumped about how to respond and would have said the same thing as you since I'm also not a smoker.  Really, why do some people think they can say whatever pops into their heads to someone?!

As for the lines, sorry I can't suggest anything since it's one of the few problems that I don't have.

Valued Contributor

Re: Help for lip lines

[ Edited ]

What an idiot that woman was!  It depends how much they bother you.  You can try Botox, fillers or a laser.  I doubt creams would be of much help. I was starting to get fine ones from kissing my grandkids so much!  My dr. administers a little Botox about 2 times a year and there's nothing there anymore.  It isn't very expensive because he uses so little. My sister-in-law uses fillers.  Hers were more pronounced because she was a smoker.

Honored Contributor

Ignore the comments from a stranger.  Stay happy and keep whistling.

Honored Contributor

I have really bad lip lines because of a medical condition. I tried to have them treated with a laser but that did not do much. Then my derm suggested fillers but warned me that, with my condition, it would be very painful. So I declined.  I have been using a microneedle around my lips for a few years now and I can see much improvement but they are still visible to me. They would be much worse if I don't keep needling them on a regular schedule. BTW, there are no creams or potions that will make them go away.

Honored Contributor

You can always give Plexaderm a try. 

Respected Contributor

I’m so sorry that lady was so rude to you. What an animal. I had some lip lines from being a straw drinker (and age of course). I started using the Algenist liquid collagen lip product and o feel it has really helped a lot, I can hardly see them any more, they’ve smoothed out so much.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that was rude.  I doubt lip lines will be a problem for me - I haven't smoked, can't whistle, and don't use straws - especially plastic ones.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grammyto3  She was rude, especially if you had just met.  If you are happy with how you look, forget her, continue to whistle, and realize that she should not have any impact on how you view yourself.  If you are not happy with how your lips look after her comment, look into some type of injections to help.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!