Honored Contributor

@Grammyto3   That was extremely rude of that woman to say that to you.  However, Creams and oils will only help in the short term, you may want to speak with a Dermatologist and consider Botox or whatever other products are available for the lines.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  Do you use the Algenist liquid collagen on and above your lips?  I use it too.  Currently rotating it among another line or two since I'm trying to use up some other brands.  I do like Algenist.  Think I may like Elemis line even better.  Just sayin'.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@Grouchomarx  Do you use the Algenist liquid collagen on and above your lips?  I use it too.  Currently rotating it among another line or two since I'm trying to use up some other brands.  I do like Algenist.  Think I may like Elemis line even better.  Just sayin'.

I slather it well above and below the lip line as well as on the lips. It has worked wonders.  I use a 5x mirror daily so I can really tell.  I don't love the smell or taste of it but since it's working, I'll continue with it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I’m so sorry that lady was so rude to you. What an animal. I had some lip lines from being a straw drinker (and age of course). I started using the Algenist liquid collagen lip product and o feel it has really helped a lot, I can hardly see them any more, they’ve smoothed out so much.

You don't get a lot of product for the money, but the price on that Algenist lip collagen is low enough that I might be willing to take a gamble on it.

I've been curious about the Algenist collagen line since I found out that they re-created the collagen themselves out of algae, and supposedly somehow made it molecularly small enough to penetrate the skin. It's kind of dumbfounding to consider that such a thing could be possible.

Thanks for the endorsement of it. Makes me more encouraged to give it a shot.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I would also try any product w/Matrixyl 4. It specifically addresses the vertical lines, should work w/lip lines around the lip as well. I have used it on the 11's w/some success. 

Honored Contributor

@Grammyto3 wrote:

I guess it’s time I do something about my lip lines. 

I met a rude woman at a baby shower. The conversation somehow went to who smokes and who doesn’t . The woman looked at me and said

”you must be a smoker with those lip lines”!

I was so shocked, I just said , no, I don’t, and walked away from her.

My problem is, I’m a whistler!  I whislte all the time. While I cook, clean, shop, garden...I try to notice

and stop, but I find myself whistling songs, commercials, store music.....

I need whistlers anonymous!

Any creams you could recommend?

@Grammyto3 

How incredibly rude and unkind of that woman -- and no doubt she probably said it to you with a smile!  

Unfortunately, this happens to a lot of us and many of us, like you, never smoked a day in our lives.  I have this issue as well and fillers, etc. are not an option for me, so I just use moisturizers faithfully.  There are various products out there that claim to help but I don't really know if they do --- doubtful.

You know what?  You jeep on whistling!  That just shows you are a happy person and your beauty is coming from the outside and radiating out for all to see and enjoy!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Help for lip lines

[ Edited ]

One day I woke up, and they were just there!   I put on make up every day, so it's not like I'm not looking closely.  I use a 5x and 10x mirror regularly.  There they were...  are.  I just make sure I line my lips in the morning before I put on my lipstick.  Line and fill in with the same lip liner, then lipstick.   I'll do the same thing later in the day if necessary. 

Never smoked in my life, but I do use a straw to drink my ice coffee in the summer!

I do my best to take very good care of my skin, but nature/age happens.  If fillers and tweaks work for you ....  do them!  If you're happy to just take what comes,  fine too.  That's my current plan of action. 

Keep whistling, singing, smiling, laughing and be happy.   That's the best gift to yourself and others as well.  In the end,  that will keep you young.

Occasional Contributor

I already have pretty nice skin, but last week my sister looked at me with no makeup and said, "Your skin is amazing."  She said it looks even better than usual.  I am attributing it to 2 things.  1)  Andrew Lessman Marine Collagen Peptide.  2)  Josie Maran argan milk for face along with her argan oil and face butter.    I felt that the lip lines, even though not too pronounced to begin with, softened fairly quickly after starting the argan milk kit (it had been a TSV).  Hope this helps!