Honored Contributor

@frenchie 

This is what I've been using.  I need to use it tonight but DH will need to apply it for me.  This should be interesting Smiley Surprised  I bought mine from Sephora.  You don't use it with every wash.

COLOR WOW - Money Mask Deep Hydrating & Strengthening Hair Treatment 7.5 oz/ 215 mL allure 2022 Best of Beauty Award Winner

Valued Contributor

@frenchie wrote:

I stopped coloring my hair six months ago because it was thinning. Im 81 and can't handle doing it myself anyway. I keep it short. It's gray and has no shine. Any suggestions besides using oil? Maybe a hairspray? 

The product that I will say helped me is Joyce Giraud Ultimate Hair Strength Pro hair vitamins,sold on SHOP HQ,nothing works overnight,have to give it a chance to start working, go on and read some of the reviews.I also use Andrew Lessman Collagen in my morning coffee. One other thing I have added  I started eating plenty of avocados read that avocados are good for skin and hair. I am just a few years behind you in age  and have let my hair go gray during the pandemic,  like to say hair has improved 100% it's shiny and healthy looking.Think the main thing is not what you put on your  hair as much as what you start  putting within your body.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Jhirmack - Blonde Enhancing - Silver Ageless Hair Shampoo 12oz

@jackthebear 

Gratlitude! Just read extensive reviews. Ordered it.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Jhirmack - Blonde Enhancing - Silver Ageless Hair Shampoo 12oz

i love it, I tried many purple shampoos and this is the best one

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@frenchie wrote:

Any suggestions besides using oil? Maybe a hairspray? 

It appears everyone has been recommending "oil.Smiley LOL

@Mz iMac 

The only thing I know of that works that is not an oil would be apple cider vinegar water mixture. 

@Nightowlz  I've used a vinegar/water rinse in my hair for years. I started using it because my scalp would get dry when the seasons changed. It helped that and it does give have a shine.

But I use white vinegar; that was what was recommended on the long hair forum I got the info from. I suspect any vinegar would work but you'd want to avoid getting the mother on your hair if using ACV.

Contributor
A citric acid rinse (1/2 tsp diluted in about 12 ounces of water, leave on for a few minutes, then rinse) has the same effect as vinegar minus the smell, if that’s an issue for anyone.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Help for dull hair

[ Edited ]

My hair doesn't have any shine. I discovered years ago to rinse my hair in cold water, I then add a wee bit of an excellent hair conditioner, I rub it into my finger tips and  then sparingly run it through my hair, rinse gently with cold water. It's important not to rinse it all out.

Hot water makes your hair dull.

I use Biolage shampoo and hair conditioner.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Now, that is what I call a truly wonderful husband.

I have one of those, too. We are blessed.  Smiley Happy