Honored Contributor

I'm prone to hangnails.

I buy the Original A+D Ointment, used for diaper rash.

Massage it into my cuticles every night.

a and d ointment.jpg

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

But how do you NOT cut the dry ragged cuticles during the healing process?

I have not had any success with cuticle removers. Must be doing something wrong. 

@granddi I use a fine nail file and carefully sand them down when needed.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@granddi wrote:

But how do you NOT cut the dry ragged cuticles during the healing process?

I have not had any success with cuticle removers. Must be doing something wrong. 

@granddi I use a fine nail file and carefully sand them down when needed.

I have the hardest and most disgusting cuticles in the world because of scleroderma. I have to cut mine. For me there is no other solution...I've tried everything.

Respected Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I use Sally Hansen's Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil. It comes in a clear bottle, .45 fl oz, and I believe less than $10 at Walgreens. I put it on a few times a day and has lasted me 6 months so far. It definitely works for me, as I live in Michigan (super cold and dry winters), and I use my hands a lot at work. I used Josie Maran's Argan Oil in the past, but for the price, Sally Hansen's cuticle oil gives me the same results.

@Katilein I agree with @MandyG06 !  I use Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil.  I have used it for years.  I apply it a couple of times a day, especially if my hands have been in water.  It is the best.  No more ugly cuticles.  Sally Hansen also makes Color Therapy Nail and Cuticle Oil but it is a bit more expensive.  Both are excellent!

Regular Contributor

I use the SkinFix hand cream throughout the day and massage it into the cuticles and nails. It really helps my dry hands and cuticles.

Regular Contributor
I will try the epsom salt, jojoba oil, Argen oil, and sally Hansen oil. Thank you all
Respected Contributor

Re: Help for cuticles

[ Edited ]

@Katilein 

My daughter and I purchase a cuticle cream made by our local beekeeper.  They make it a couple of times a year and my daughter, who has the worst cuticles I've ever seen, swears by it. She even takes it to her manicurist to use. 

check it out here :  Studiers Honeypot

http://www.studiershoneypot.com/

All products are natural and made right here in Georgia.  

Esteemed Contributor

Here's what I used: Argon oil and/or T.I.P.S. sesame oil. Either works fine on the problem. It just depends on what I have on hand. Both absorb quickly and work.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Help for cuticles

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama Thanks for that.  Does it really help? I just don’t want to waste any more money, I just logged onto their website and they want $15 in shipping

Honored Contributor

@Katilein   Trader Joe's sells a good jojoba oil at a very reasonable price.  Sam's and Costco both sell Epsom salts.

@Katilein wrote:
I will try the epsom salt, jojoba oil, Argen oil, and sally Hansen oil. Thank you all