Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help finding Nail Polish Color/Brand

For indy brands I like the ones mentioned here along with Pretty Serious Nail Polish and KB Shimmer too. I have just been getting into these lately. I stumbled upon several nail blogs which led me to these brands. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I have got one bottle of KB Shimmer.  It is one of the white bases with glitter.  It goes on and lasts, especially on my toes.  I don't know why I didn't think of them.

On the Sinful Colors Glass Pink...I didn't find it locally, so I'll have to find it online somewhere, if that is possible since it is an older color.

Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss I totally agree with @ChynnaBlue. It looks the most like a linear holo finish to me also (either the polish itself or holo topper over a creme). It could also be holographic microglitter with enough topcoat to smooth it or a scattered holo topper like China Glaze Fairy Dust. I'd also vote for stickers...the shape of the edge of the polish doesn't match the start of the nail plate...looks a bit too wide, mostly just doesn't have the right shape of curve.

You might want to buy a holo topper and try it over some colors you already have. There aren't a whole lot of light-colored linear holo polishes, even in the indie world. The holo pigment adds a greyish cast, thus light colors in particular are a bit tricky.

As far as polish brands go, I'll add a few to @ChynnaBlue's list:

For ultra linear holos I'd go for Glisten and Glow (same company that has HK Girl top coat), SuperChic and Nail Nation 3000. I'm not sure any of them carry any light colors tho. Other brands that come to mind (no particular order, and certainly not complete) Nine Zero Lacquer, Different Dimension (they do have a few lighter colors), Starrily and Loaded Lacquer (main emphasis is on jelly and glitter polishes, but I've gotten a few beauties from Heather), For more mainstream (tho you'll still have to order online), Color Club has several collections under under the umbrella name of Halo Hues. I don't have any of them, but I fairly certain they're on the stonger holo side.

For holo microglitter, there are so many brands... Again Nine Zero (some, such as the polish of the month, also have linear holo in them; Jessica just opened pre-order for a collection of colored holographic polishes that can be used as toppers or built up to full coverage), Virago Varnish (Adrienne also makes gorgeous linear holos, but isn't stocking any of those at the present time), Gothic Gala Lacquers and Starrily.

As far as toppers go, lots of indies have liner, scattered or both. If I remember correctly, Nail Nation 3000 has linear topper in varying "strengths," as well as some with a bit of color added to offset the gray. Nine Zero has linear as well as both silver and gold holo toppers. Sweet & Sour Lacquer has linear and silver holo. I've seen them on many other websites, but I already have more than I'll ever use.

@Irshgrl31201, I'm tagging you because I added so many indies to what have already been mentioned.

I happen to have most of my pastel microglitters in one group, so I snapped a quick pic:

20160702_072825.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 First, I tagged you on an earler reponse since I was mentioning so many indies. And you can't go wrong with KB Shimmer and Pretty Serious (I don't have any, but have heard nothing but good about the brand).

I jumped down the indie rabbit hole a couple of years ago. Still having fun. If you find any brands you're drawn to, it pays to join their Facebook fan group, if any. It varies widely, but several groups have the owner actively participating and offer special perks.

If you want to try several brands in one order, I've used Color4Nails and Nail Polish Canada (some polishes actually end up cheaper due to the exchange rate) multiple times with no problem. There are also many other stockists. In addition there are always collabs going on with boxes available containing a polish each from several different brands.

Ok, shutting up now!

Respected Contributor

I think you can get the same look with Essie Pink-A-Boo or Fiji topped with Essie A Cut Above.

Esteemed Contributor

@juperier wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 First, I tagged you on an earler reponse since I was mentioning so many indies. And you can't go wrong with KB Shimmer and Pretty Serious (I don't have any, but have heard nothing but good about the brand).

I jumped down the indie rabbit hole a couple of years ago. Still having fun. If you find any brands you're drawn to, it pays to join their Facebook fan group, if any. It varies widely, but several groups have the owner actively participating and offer special perks.

If you want to try several brands in one order, I've used Color4Nails and Nail Polish Canada (some polishes actually end up cheaper due to the exchange rate) multiple times with no problem. There are also many other stockists. In addition there are always collabs going on with boxes available containing a polish each from several different brands.

Ok, shutting up now!

Hey @juperier, thank you so much for the tip about joining their FB pages, I really hadn't thought of that. Great idea. Thank you also for giving me some more names of other indy brands, I am looking at their pages now. I have to say this all started because I was googling a swatch for an OPI color I wanted to see and it brought me to the PolishAholic and PeachyPolish and I just started going through all of their posts. I had no idea what a jelly was or a jelly sandwich. I have learned so much about glitter polishes and all the holo stuff. It really is a whole other world, isn't it? I love the KB Shimmer birthstone collection and I just ordered a few of them.

Anyway, thanks so much for the tips and recommendations. I am just sitting on my deck, enjoying the beach tonight and I am excited to just look at all these new brands you mentioned!

Thanks so much!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@Tigriss I remember you mentioning something about the model frequently wearing OPI. I wonder if it could be Let Me Bayou a Drink from the New Orleans colleciton? Maybe with a topper? Just a thought that came to mind.

Trusted Contributor

You can try Sally Hansen Disco Ball over a light color polish to get that effect too.

Esteemed Contributor

@FlyersGirl

I believe I have that one in my collection and love it using two coats.  Very pretty in a summer pedicure!

Honored Contributor

A similar look I wear when I want a neutral pink with pizazz is CND Vinylux Fragrant Freesia.

I'll be using it tomorrow when I have a manicure and pedicure.

CND VINYLUX Fragrant Freesia | Spring 2015 Flora & Fauna Collection | Peachy Polish