Super Contributor

Help! Please explain the benefits of using Argan Oil.

Josie Moran seems to promise a lot if you use her Argan Oil products yet when I go the Amazon site there are over 100 different companies manufacturing/selling this oil and others.

Josie's is one of the three most expensive. Are there really differences in all of these products?

Do you need one type for a facial moisturizer, another for a body moisturizer, yet another for shampoo and then another for hair conditioner? Will a lotion work as well as the oil?

Does it matter which part of North Africa the tree is grown?

I would appreciate your feedback. Many thanks. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Re: Help! Please explain the benefits of using Argan Oil.

I don't use AO on my face...I have other facial oils for that. However, I do use another form of AO for my thick, course hair...which is a miracle product for me on that score. When I use it on my hair, it becomes more hydrated, manageable with shine. It has been a god-send for my out-of-control hair.

Honored Contributor

So many questions in your opening post.

All I can say is that I'm happy with the certified organic, cold-pressed, pure Argan oil that I use from Shea Terra Organics. It comes in a dark bottle and a pump dispenser to protect the product.

I use it for my face and my hair.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I love Josie's oil for my face...I am sure their are other good oils, I just find her's the best for my face...Wen has amazing oils for hair and body...Josie's products are expensive but you don't need a lot, and my results are what I go by...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

See the Poppy Austin video on You Tube.

Answers many questions.

Respected Contributor

Josie's is the only one I have tried. I got the last TSV with the oil & the milk & then the tinted oil with the SPF47. They make my skin soft & smooth. I can use them day or night & they don't break me out, so I enjoy all of that. I do wonder about her argan being worth a higher price than other oils. I don't know why it is higher. Is it better? It works well for me, so I am hesitant to try anything else. I have a hard time finding things that work for me. I have only ever heard her talk about the products that one time & it was sort of a silly story about breast milk. LOL

Respected Contributor

I think hers is pure Argan oil when everyone else adds silicones and other ingredients. I like argan oil in my hair. I been useing Suave argan oil and it has a good concentration of the oil in it.

Respected Contributor

I started using Argan oil on my face, hands, feet and chest. I love it! I bought a cheaper one at Ulta for everything except my face, for that I only use pure.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 11/8/2014 suzyQ3 said:

All I can say is that I'm happy with the certified organic, cold-pressed, pure Argan oil that I use from Shea Terra Organics. It comes in a dark bottle and a pump dispenser to protect the product.

I know...many questions...SuzyQ3 but I'm willing to be educated by the gurus here. Thanks for responding. I did see that brand on Amazon. Do you get it there?

Honored Contributor

On 11/8/2014 Isabella 2 said:
On 11/8/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I know...many questions...SuzyQ3 but I'm willing to be educated by the gurus here. Thanks for responding. I did see that brand on Amazon. Do you get it there?

No, I bought it directly from Shea Terra Organics. You can always find a 30 percent off promo. Their pure Argan Oil is very popular with many posters here. It is high-quality for a reasonable price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland