Honored Contributor

Help Please For An Auto Drill For Natural Nails

After getting arthritis in my left hand, I would love an auto drill to file my nails.

Emjoli from years past doesn't leave nail ends smooth enough.

Many thanks!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help Please For An Auto Drill For Natural Nails

@ECBG 

Finishing touch flawless salon nails kit available on Amazon for $17.00  I have been happy with many finishing touch products.  Worth a try for little cost.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

After getting arthritis in my left hand, I would love an auto drill to file my nails.

Emjoli from years past doesn't leave nail ends smooth enough.

Many thanks!Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~

@ECBG 

If you're talking about a Drill for Nails, i started a thread awhile back.  I'm not sure if it's allowed for me to post the link, but here is the Title:

?Recommendations for an Electronic "Nail Drill?  "

I started it on

09-29-2022 08:56 PM

And the person who knows EVERYTHING abt Nails is nicked:

@juperier3 

I dont think she accesses here daily, so you might have to be patient for a few days, or keep posting her @juperier3     so she can see the "alert"

(Or whatever way to have to access her.)

Maybe even a search for her threads under her nick, wld help in the meantime

I've been getting into fancier self nails, & she's been advising me tremendously!!    all along the way     Incredible help!

Good luck!

Regular Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn  Again, thank you. You're too kind. While I've certainly learned a lot from some very knowledgeable people, who are experts, over the years, I won't claim to be an expert. I've paid attention to what interested me, but I'm well aware that there are huge gaps in my knowledge.

I actually am in here most days. A lot of times I'm lying on my side and reading, making it a bit difficult to type. Sometimes I want to think a bit before responding and time gets away from me. Sometimes I feel like I'm just kind of rambling in my head and no one is going to want to read an answer that has turned into a book.

@ECBG  It probably would be worthwhile going back and reading the thread @MakeUpMaidn mentioned. 

Respected Contributor

@juperier3 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn  Again, thank you. You're too kind. While I've certainly learned a lot from some very knowledgeable people, who are experts, over the years, I won't claim to be an expert. I've paid attention to what interested me, but I'm well aware that there are huge gaps in my knowledge.

I actually am in here most days. A lot of times I'm lying on my side and reading, making it a bit difficult to type. Sometimes I want to think a bit before responding and time gets away from me. Sometimes I feel like I'm just kind of rambling in my head and no one is going to want to read an answer that has turned into a book.

@ECBG  It probably would be worthwhile going back and reading the thread @MakeUpMaidn mentioned. 

~~~~~~~

@juperier3 

OH GREAT to see you!!

Ok ok... you're MY nail expert. heh  I'll be possessive abt that!  Woman Happy  I've learned so much from you.  I even refer back to your entries abt nails that we've talked abt in the past.  You can thru when I was struggling with learning this new "fancy nails" as much as I've loved & cared for my nails since teenage-hood.  Now I'm ready for fancy, but knew nothing about "fancy nails."  (And I love your "unique," one of a kind, & history of yr nail polishes!!  & pics)

I'm glad to see you're here, at least reading, often.  I miss you when you arent!

Now, abt "rambling"    Have you seen my posts, on ANY thread??  Talk abt "rambling!"  Most all times, I cant say something simply.  I ramble on.   It takes me too much work for me to say something simply, usually. 

I'm a "flaming extrovert" always have been, & can only think out loud, outside of myself, with pen, keyboard, phone, chalkboard, etc. I'm stymied if I keep it inside, & cant access my thoughts (inside) to express them. 

I envy ppl who can think something inside themselves, formulate thoughts, then, type what they simply want to say (like my very introverted sister, who gets on me all the time about verbosity).   As such, sometimes here I go back, and delete some, or part of my entries, cause I feel like i "over shared."  Gave wayy too much info than the person wanted, or asked for, (or even what I wanted/should have shared)

I ideally wld like to have a switch, a choice,  to keep my "extroverted oversharing," or  rather "switch" to sharing simply, bottom line, what was asked.  When I share simply, & short, it seems so severe.

So @juperier3   BE YOURSELF!  That's what I like abt ppl, authenticity.  That's what I like abt you!   & others esp here.   No matter who they are, or what they say or type!  Woman Happy

Like I said, I refer back to your entries OFTEN!  That's how i was able to put my hands on our prior thread about "Nail Drills" for @ECBG 

Often, I refer back to other's threads on this Q Forum.

For instance,  I still struggle with mourning & missing my late, beloved, super duper, adored 18 yr old kitty, "Cuddles," and OFTEN refer to that (Pet Lovers) thread of super kind, giving, loving entries from others here on this "Pet Lovers" Forum.  Such incredible comfort to me, over & over again something I really really need.

Such wonderful info & support here on these Forums!  And my brain has become a veritable "sieve" to retain info!

So GREAT to hear/see you @juperier3 !  *hugs*  Woman HappyHeart

And thanks again for all your nail help!  MY expert!  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

(Warning - This is a LONG one, as you can well see)

I have pervasive arthritis also, mostly neck down hehh. 

I havent used my New Electronic"Nail Drill" yet, so I dont know if it's a great one, or not, altho I tried to select a best one for the price. 

I dont even dare recommend it, without even trying yet.

But, from what I've read briefly, it seems easy to "over drill" nails, so I'm not sure I'd want to try electronic nail drill for filing, esp with hand arthritis.  I'm going to be VERY gingerly with my fingernail drill, having read that warning.

My toenails are more "arthritically" difficult than my fingernails, so maybe there's some comparative below help here to fingernails.

I do my own toenails, despite profound, pervasive arthritis.  I dont paint m toenails, but  i HATE long toenails on me, so I keep them short, & smooth, so no snags.  This is my extent of a "pedicure" (other than exfoliating my feet/legs often)  (Painting my toenails is veritably asking me too much!)

Firstly, on good arthritis days,

I try to clip my toenails, then file them smooth, (as described below).

On super bad arthritis days, (incl hips), if i cant reach toenails that well, I use the *BLOCK* NAIL FILES  exclusively, (in this kit I bought from Amzz (see below pic))  

Easier for arthritic hands to hold a BLOCK nail file; Beware the BLOCK grain is much rougher tho, so faster, rougher filing per strokee,  (& the Blocks last longer too).  Careful using on finger nails cause it's so rough.    

But this kit I bought from Amzz has a choice of files of varying "grains" also, & various thick/thin holdable choices

In case this procedure I use helps your filing on yr fingernails,

1)  Using the block, I file Top of the toe nail down, to shorten the toe nail. 

2) Then file, side to side to smooth the toe nail from any snags.   

(I  think for fingernails, the recommendation is stroking consistently only one direction, (vs filing back & forth, which is what I do for my toenails.)

I know you didnt ask abt 'toe nails," but maybe this can help with arthritis & hands, & fingernails.

I also use Duri Rejuvacotee" for polish on the nails, incl over the edge of the nail. It keeps the nails in good shape, less snags, but this might be too much for arthritic hands.

Good luck, @ECBG & wishing nice, yr preferable nails, & many "low pain days" 

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71MMaNFdtVL._SL1500_.jpg

"Nail File and Buffer,FANDAMEII Professional Manicure Tools Kit.8PCSS Rectangular Nail Buffer Block,8PCSS Nail File,2PCSS 7 Way Nail File &2PCSS Nail Polishing Buffer. Nail Care File Buffer Tool "

($8-$9  Sale)  (7373 given Ratings) (Rating: 4.6 out of 5)

Regular Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn  I'm pretty much the definition of an introvert. Back when I was working, we had a multi-day self-development workshop. One of the preliminary things was determining our tendancies in four areas: interactor , synthesizer, analyzer and concluder. Basically, I'm really good at gathering data and anaysing it. I totally suck at needing to interact with other and determining when it's time to stop synthesizing and analyzing and finalize something and move on. I'm great at having conversations in my head. A major reason I often have typos in my posts is that I've learned to just hit "post." Otherwise, I can easily got lost tweaking what I''ve written till I never get around to posting at all. I try to keep thing brief and to the point. I know a lot of people only want the bottom line and won't even begin reading a post that is long and detailed.  I'm always trying to find the balance between coming across as a bit "know it all" and giving too many details for the level of the conversation.

Respected Contributor

@juperier3 

I've read ALL your posts!!

You're PERFECTLY FINE to me!!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

Did anything that was suggestions help so far?

Or shall we all keep searching for a solution, for ya? 

We've LOTS of ideas collectively, curiosity, & caring here!! @ECBG  Heart

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

You are so very sweet to keep up with me.  I haven't had time to thoroughly look at everything,  but many thanks.Smiley Happy