Honored Contributor

Help! Need Input On The Best At Home

I don't know if you ladies remember but maybe 1 1/2 months ago I posted here how (due to my middle daughter's canceling her hair appointment, the same hairdresser told my daughter that neither my daughter nor I were welcome in her salon ever again. it didn't have anything (canceling the appt) to do with me, but she still doesn't want me in her shop. I followed this woman when she left this large shop that offered a much more pleasant atmosphere and they offered more choices pertaining to beauty and hair, because she'd been doing my hair there for at least 3 years. My 3 daughters also had her do their hair. She did both daughter's through 2 marriages and way after. I'd say up until she said I was no longer welcome in her shop she'd been doing my hair and this middle daughter's hair for ay least 11 more years. My other two daughters no longer went to her because they felt she'd gotten too 'full of herself'. Once when she'd changed the date 2X's and the time of the appointment 1 time, I was 1/2 hour late. She said, "too bad, I'm going home" and left. She said I had to pay her $85 because of the missed date. I paid it. (Just a little background of what I will put up with if I think a person is worth putting up with their trash). I seemed to be the only one who thought she was good. My family members kept telling me to 'forget her' after she said I owed her the $85. I even gave her the small barrel top styler to let her daughter use it to see if she liked it. That was whenever it was first presented at QVC (I think sometime before or around Christmas). I received the top styler in the mail from her, she thought it was free, I guess. Now finally my question. I just want to color it this once because I'm curious to see what I can do. This will be a one time thing because I have grey all around my face, it is a one time thing because at home hair coloring is not strong enough to keep the grey at bay. I like Auburn in my hair. Please give me your opinion into the best brand to buy and tell me why you think that. I totally respect the opinion of the Beauty Banter Ladies. You ladies rock. Thanks ahead of time. Annabelle