Regular Contributor

Re: Help! My under eye area is

On 4/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 4/8/2015 annabellethecat said:

If you feel like you are doing everything you can (make sure you get the dead skin off of your face EVERY night and moisturize), then you need to understand maybe it's just your expressions.

Some people laugh with their eyes. When they smile their eyes 'smile' too.

I don't have any wrinkles and I'm 68 years old. The only thing I do is use a warm wash cloth every night to get the make up off then Dr. Denese's firming facial pads then Hydroshield.

I think if you make sure every night you get the dead skin off of your face and moisturize with any good moisturizer, you will have nice skin.

Look it up. We shed our skin every day. Ever notice a baby's skin? It is clear of wrinkles but it has a clean glow, it's because it doesn't have a build-up of skin.

I don't think I have a lot of expressions on my face that's one reason I don't have any eye wrinkles. No one is perfect. My body looks like....well, never mind.

Think about this. You get a facial. What do they do with a facial? They get the old skin off of your face? See what I mean.

You'll also notice that the dark spots (skin damage) will start to lighten up if you keep it up every night.

Just a suggestion. Not a brag or judgment.

If she is using Retin A she is doing more than enough exfoliating. There are more problems with over exfoliation than under exfoliation by far.

I would lighten up on the use of Retin A (and any exfoliant) under the eyes for a month or two. Sometimes over exfoliation can cause an addition of "crepeyness". Concentrate more on products that moisturize and have ingredients that attract moisture like hyaluronic acid which attracts moisture from the air and plumps up the skin.

Can I ask the OP what type of products are you using?

I've just started using Algenist Eye Balm in the last couple of weeks.. I previously used BE Firming Eye (in the tube), Clinique Eye w/SPF 20 (in the green tube), an Estée Lauder eye cream a few years ago from a GWP, and a few different Paula's Choice moisturizers under my eyes. In my 30's, I used various drugstore eye creams.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 gotpaw said:
On 4/8/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 4/8/2015 annabellethecat said:

If you feel like you are doing everything you can (make sure you get the dead skin off of your face EVERY night and moisturize), then you need to understand maybe it's just your expressions.

Some people laugh with their eyes. When they smile their eyes 'smile' too.

I don't have any wrinkles and I'm 68 years old. The only thing I do is use a warm wash cloth every night to get the make up off then Dr. Denese's firming facial pads then Hydroshield.

I think if you make sure every night you get the dead skin off of your face and moisturize with any good moisturizer, you will have nice skin.

Look it up. We shed our skin every day. Ever notice a baby's skin? It is clear of wrinkles but it has a clean glow, it's because it doesn't have a build-up of skin.

I don't think I have a lot of expressions on my face that's one reason I don't have any eye wrinkles. No one is perfect. My body looks like....well, never mind.

Think about this. You get a facial. What do they do with a facial? They get the old skin off of your face? See what I mean.

You'll also notice that the dark spots (skin damage) will start to lighten up if you keep it up every night.

Just a suggestion. Not a brag or judgment.

If she is using Retin A she is doing more than enough exfoliating. There are more problems with over exfoliation than under exfoliation by far.

I would lighten up on the use of Retin A (and any exfoliant) under the eyes for a month or two. Sometimes over exfoliation can cause an addition of "crepeyness". Concentrate more on products that moisturize and have ingredients that attract moisture like hyaluronic acid which attracts moisture from the air and plumps up the skin.

Can I ask the OP what type of products are you using?

I've just started using Algenist Eye Balm in the last couple of weeks.. I previously used BE Firming Eye (in the tube), Clinique Eye w/SPF 20 (in the green tube), an Estée Lauder eye cream a few years ago from a GWP, and a few different Paula's Choice moisturizers under my eyes. In my 30's, I used various drugstore eye creams.

Right now I can't look up the ingredients to these. Just make sure you are avoiding anything with fragrance, even natural fragrances like lavender or any type of flowers, mint or citrus. This can cause irritation and that can cause inflammation, making any type of crepeyness worse. Off the top of my head, I would suggest a Paulas Choice product because I already know that they are the correct pH, don't contain irritating ingredients and have lots of anti-irritants, I can check the ingredient lists on the others tomorrow. Also avoid cleansers, toners, moisturizers (both day and night) with any type of irritating ingredients in it also. Like the ones I mentioned above, if it has a scent, skip it. Skip any products that have retinols as well. You want something deeply hydrating to plump up that skin.

I can give you other suggestions for other brands but right now I don't have time to do an ingredient look up so I will suggest Paulas Choice products for now because I know for sure they don't have these irritants.

I would avoid any type of retinols, Retin A right now to give your skin a break and see if stopping this gives you any type of improvement whatsoever. I think a good start for eye cream (and face cream as it is one) would be either PC Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream or Skin Recovery Moisture Lotion. These are full of emollients, skin soothers, anti irritants and antioxidants. They are good for sensitive skin and skin with rosacea so they should help soothe your skin. They also both contain sodium hyaluronate which will pull moisture from the air to help you plump up the skin. Avoid any products that are jar packaged because any good ingredients they have like antioxidants etc... are compromised each time you open the jar.

I know that crepeyness can be a problem for some people using Vitamin A therapies so definitely cut these out completely at least around the eye area and just see what happens.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Regular Contributor

I appreciate the responses.