Honored Contributor

Re: Help, My Face Looks Like a Prune

On 1/10/2015 magemay said:
On 1/9/2015 florabelle said:

Thank you all so much for all your advice. I will try a humidifier. Does anyone have one they like that is small so can be used in the bedroom without taking up a lot of space. I will also increase my fish oil (I only take one capsule a day) and try some of other suggestions. I have sensitive skin and it usually gets irritated every winter but it is not irritated this year, just very wrinkled. Keep your suggestions coming!

Florabelle, We have 2, each different models of the Air Innovations from QVC. They are very good and do what they say. They're not too big and do the job. We keep one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.

If you're anywhere near a Q outlet, you can pick them up really inexpensively. If not, they're worth a try.

I have to say you are lucky. My humidifier stop working after a month so I had to return it. Never again with that brand.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I purchased a Vicks humidifier for $39.99 at Target that is so quiet you don't know it's on. You need to have your humidifier elevated off the floor (step stool or something) and then you will not experience any wetness. It's filter free and model # V4600. Has auto shut off and you are given a sample of the scent pad which can be placed in the unit for scent. Good luck. I keep my humidifier in my bedroom on low all night. Sometimes I keep it at medium flow.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

On 1/11/2015 KatCat1 said:

Thank you all so much for all your advice. I will try a humidifier. Does anyone have one they like that is small so can be used in the bedroom without taking up a lot of space. I will also increase my fish oil (I only take one capsule a day) and try some of other suggestions. I have sensitive skin and it usually gets irritated every winter but it is not irritated this year, just very wrinkled. Keep your suggestions coming!

Florabelle, We have 2, each different models of the Air Innovations from QVC. They are very good and do what they say. They're not too big and do the job. We keep one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.

If you're anywhere near a Q outlet, you can pick them up really inexpensively. If not, they're worth a try.

I have to say you are lucky. My humidifier stop working after a month so I had to return it. Never again with that brand.

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I bought both of mine, at different times from the Q outlet, for 19.99, so they were a good deal.

My daughter has 4 of them, different models too and fortunately they're plugging along well. They run them all the time. My sil has CF and needs the moisture in the air.

Super Contributor

Josie Marans argan oil and an rx for retin a

Frequent Contributor

On 1/9/2015 happy housewife said:

People on this beauty board should look up hyaluronic acid - it is a carcinogen. And yet, ladies here seem to use it freely - like it is a good idea.

Hyaluronic acid is something your body has naturally - in your joints, under your skin, etc. It is an important component in healing. Many other life forms also have hyaluronic acid including viruses. Hyaluronic acid can contribute to growth of existing tumors, because it contributes to cell growth in general -- i.e. it contributes to the growth of both normal and fast-growing cells. So it's not really a carcinogen, per se.

Respected Contributor

to Kal: Thank you for your post !

Super Contributor

On 1/11/2015 KatCat1 said:

My first one arrived and wouldn't work. Q paid for the return.

My second one arrived broken. Q paid for the return.

The end