Frequent Contributor

Help, My Face Looks Like a Prune

Help, my face looks like a prune this winter. I use Dr. Denese products which work just fine in Spring and Summer but they are not helping my skin now. I swear I look like my grandmother. I drink plenty of water but that doesn't seem to help either. Is there a product that will plump up my skin?

Respected Contributor

Re: Help, My Face Looks Like a Prune

I switch to DHC olive oil for winter. It makes a barrier against the wind and rain. You wouldn't think you could apply oil to your skin but it works well with the skin's natural layers.

I use some of their heavier creams but when weather gets like this, I use oil, morning and night.

Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried Josie Maran Argon Milk? I really love this product.
Esteemed Contributor

Try adding an oil. Argon oil makes me breakout so I only use it on my hands and use babassu oil on my face. Works wonders.

Honored Contributor

If I used a product to moisturize and it left my face looking like a prune I certainly would be returning it!

Super Contributor

Ulta has a product that is a pure hyaluronic acid serum, I've een using this day and night under Boscia face oil and it has saved my skin from the harsh Chicago weather. Josie' s oil just sits on my skin so for me it's not the answer, Also, Olay and Neutrogena make a face oil moisturizer that works and cost effective. It's sounds as if you need water and oil to moisturized and lubricate the skin. Good luck, let us know how you do!
Honored Contributor

People on this beauty board should look up hyaluronic acid - it is a carcinogen. And yet, ladies here seem to use it freely - like it is a good idea.

Respected Contributor

I have to switch my foundation and use more moisturizer during the winter. I can't use PTR pads either because they are too drying in the winter.
Regular Contributor

On 1/9/2015 Goldengate8361 said: Have you tried Josie Maran Argon Milk? I really love this product.

interesting..I know a lot of people rave about this milk but I found it just to be okay...I love my Josie oil but this just didn't seem to do too much for me??? what do you love about it?

Honored Contributor

Here I go again. Do you want your skin to stay balanced (normal) year round. Marula oil and I generally use only once a day but you will have to figure out what is best for you. I buy acure Organics Marula oil. I understand Target now carries it but iherb.com and acure's website have it. It's excellent for dry skin, acne prone skin & redness.

kindness is strength