Super Contributor

Re: Help, My Face Looks Like a Prune

On 1/9/2015 hyacinth003 said:
On 1/9/2015 ValuSkr said:

Sometimes it's an advantage to have oily skin.

You are so right.

I had skin most of my life that tended to by oily. Thought I hated it, UNTIL I got dry skin from probably hormones and using Retin-A.

Now, I am trying to counter act dryness, which is literally PAINFUL.

Also, my skin wants to BREAK OUT when I try to put moisturizing products on it!

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Hyacinth I break out like crazy with creams. I can use oils and serums but I have to stay away from creams. I have had really good luck with Emu oil, TTO, RHO, Argan Oil, Marula Oil and Skinn Midnight Elixir. I know some people do not want to use Emu but it is very beneficial. Google it.

Valued Contributor

On 1/10/2015 sarahpanda said:

Hilarious how HAPPY HOUSEWIFE'S reputation is known by so many ! I usually read the

comments on these threads before I look to see who wrote them and 100% of the time, I can tell when a comment comes from HH. Her entries are notorious for 'stirring the pot'.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Just wanted to say hello to sarahpanda. I agree with what you posted; honestly, I think the unhappy one enjoys stirring. It seems to be her MO.

I have been told by her that she has me on ignore; it makes me wonder how many other posters are on her ignore list LOL

Respected Contributor

I use Wen by Chaz Dean 613 body treatment lotion. It comes in a jar. My face has NO wrinkles and I'm quite a bit over 21 if you know what I mean. My face is soft and supple. This stuff is like liquid gold. I use it on my whole body. What I did have trouble with was my elbows and that is fixed since using this product. Just go on QVC's site and choose Wen by Chaz Dean and you'll see it in the line up of his products.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/10/2015 HisElk said:
On 1/10/2015 BellaCarro said:
On 1/10/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 1/9/2015 ChynnaBlue said:
On 1/9/2015 happy housewife said:

People on this beauty board should look up hyaluronic acid - it is a carcinogen. And yet, ladies here seem to use it freely - like it is a good idea.

Yes HH please cite your sources. I haven't seen one piece of data that topical use of HA causes cancer. It is actually in your own skin and starts to diminish when we are in our 30s and 40s.

Classic HH

Doubtful you will get a response on her source; you are so right with "classic HH".

LOL! I doubt it!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2015 HisElk said:
On 1/10/2015 sarahpanda said:

Hilarious how HAPPY HOUSEWIFE'S reputation is known by so many ! I usually read the

comments on these threads before I look to see who wrote them and 100% of the time, I can tell when a comment comes from HH. Her entries are notorious for 'stirring the pot'.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Just wanted to say hello to sarahpanda. I agree with what you posted; honestly, I think the unhappy one enjoys stirring. It seems to be her MO.

I have been told by her that she has me on ignore; it makes me wonder how many other posters are on her ignore list LOL

Me, me, me...I'm a proud member of that club. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 1/9/2015 florabelle said:

Thank you all so much for all your advice. I will try a humidifier. Does anyone have one they like that is small so can be used in the bedroom without taking up a lot of space. I will also increase my fish oil (I only take one capsule a day) and try some of other suggestions. I have sensitive skin and it usually gets irritated every winter but it is not irritated this year, just very wrinkled. Keep your suggestions coming!

Florabelle, We have 2, each different models of the Air Innovations from QVC. They are very good and do what they say. They're not too big and do the job. We keep one in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.

If you're anywhere near a Q outlet, you can pick them up really inexpensively. If not, they're worth a try.

Super Contributor

Poor florabelle, all she did was ask for help and suggestions and now has to wade through all of this to find it.

ETA: I'm a part of "all of this", florabelle. Sorry

Valued Contributor

I think Florabelle went away ......
Super Contributor

Try the first aide beauty cream it's great. It's very moisturizing makes your face so soft . For the first time in my life my face had some dry red patches. Very uncomfortable and they showed thru my make up. Started using this cream nightly and sometimes during the day, well the patches are gone and my skin looks great even without make up.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

to HisElK:

and 'returning greetings to you also' !! Hope you are well and HAPPY NEW YEAR !