Valued Contributor

Help Me Choose an Erno Laszlo Soap

For the last month, I feel compelled to try one of EL’s facial soaps. Wow, I see QVC is offering them. That’s my sign to buy. No, I dont need much encouragement when it comes to beauty products. 

So, any of you who know which soaps are suited for my skin, sing out. The descriptions on this site don't explain or list ingredients...yet. 

Me...aging combo/oily. Very few lines, but embrace firming. 😀 Gluten free.

Big thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Help Me Choose an Erno Laszlo Soap

@Lally  Your 1st words said it all loud and clear: aging, combo/oily.

Sea Mud Soap and Detox oil (or for those into the classics, the original Phelytyl Oil-warning-very heavy).

Go online to EL site and take test; I'll bet this will be the soap recommended. Also, please watch video links as to how to use oil and soap cleansing; very helpful.

I've used EL for a few decades and I prefer the black Sea Mud Soap, esp. in the summer heat. There is a reason that women w/skin care issues use this line.

Valued Contributor

@maestra wrote:

@Lally  Your 1st words said it all loud and clear: aging, combo/oily.

Sea Mud Soap and Detox oil (or for those into the classics, the original Phelytyl Oil-warning-very heavy).

Go online to EL site and take test; I'll bet this will be the soap recommended. Also, please watch video links as to how to use oil and soap cleansing; very helpful.

I've used EL for a few decades and I prefer the black Sea Mud Soap, esp. in the summer heat. There is a reason that women w/skin care issues use this line.

What a great idea to take a quiz and I will go on a hunt for the videos, too. Thank you, I was conflicted between the one you suggested and the firming blue one. Can you use the soap to remove eye makeup? I hide from anything oily. My eye doc forbids me to use an oil cleanser. If EL’s is truly oily, I gotta leave it alone. The fact that you’ve used the soap for decades is a huge testimonal. It’s a pricey little thing so I am expecting to feel affection. 😀

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Lally  Watch the video; the 'oil' is less oil but a precleanse that emulsifies w/water.

Yes, this removes  most of my eye makeup, but dont get in eyes. You can use the soap w/out the oil. EL himself would have a fit w/clients who didnt follow his directions to the letter, but the company now takes a more relaxed approach.

End of the day: it only all about washing your face.

Valued Contributor

Maestra, Well said. Will seek out the video. Quiz put me with the firm soap, so I emailed rep and asked for her rec. I think the blue and black soap would work, but two bars I aint buyin’. 🌝

Esteemed Contributor

@Lally wrote:

Maestra, Well said. Will seek out the video. Quiz put me with the firm soap, so I emailed rep and asked for her rec. I think the blue and black soap would work, but two bars I aint buyin’. 🌝

@Lally wrote:

In my twenties I used the sea mud soap..as I had oily skin. It saved my skin! I purchased the whole line they suggested. Several products I didn't use. I loved the soap and the toner..and the Shake-it..they used as a makeup. 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Regular Contributor

All this talk of Erno Laszlo has sparked my interest in checking out the line. I just ordered the Black Sea mud travel size soap kit from Nordstrom‘s for $10. I haven’t received it yet but I am anxious to try it. The shake up foundation really sounded interesting because I used to use one similar to that from Clinique when I was younger but of course both have been discontinued. I’ve always wanted to try the one simular by Janet Sartin but didn’t know what color... her shipping is expensive...does anybody know if she ever offers free shipping? Anyway it’s been fun checking out a new to me but as old as Marilyn Monroe cosmetic line and try something different. 😍

Valued Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@Lally wrote:

@Lally wrote:

In my twenties I used the sea mud soap..as I had oily skin. It saved my skin! I purchased the whole line they suggested. Several products I didn't use. I loved the soap and the toner..and the Shake-it..they used as a makeup. 

I really wish they'd bring back the shake-it products, both the colored version and the white.  They were apparently discontinued in 2016 and there's a lot of very upset people.  These two products are iconic EL and the line isn't the same without them.  According the the EL Facebook page, they are being "reformulated," but it's been almost two years and nothing like these products exist.  Loooks like many people have turned to Janet Sartin as an alternative.

Valued Contributor

Thanks all. I am feeling led to order the black soap. My blue soap shipped yesterday. This “shake it” sounds cool. Hope it returns soon.
Respected Contributor

@Tweetybrd  Call JS 800# for Dual Performance (Shake-It) shade advise.

I may order travel sizes of Shake-It and White Astrngent from JS since EL no longer offers this. I have easily congested pores in spots and both help.