Trusted Contributor

Help! It Cosmetics Je Ne Se Quoi lips

I’d used a in It je ne se quoi lipstain years ago and loved it.  It showed up a bright pink but lasted all day and was very pretty on me.

I recently ordered the lip treatment duo (A344084) in JNSQ and Rose, and also ordered the VitalityFlush color stain duo (A23861) in JNSQ and Rose.

Other than the Vitality Flush duo A234861 being DOUBLE the size per tube, the two products seem identical, and leave very little color or stain on my lips. The ingredients appear to be the same.

Now I see a color awakening hydrating duo in JNSQ (item A280490) as well as yet another duo (A223273) called Vitality lip flush lipstick stain....but other than the size, name and shape of the “bullet” are these all the exactsame product with different packaging and names?

the JNSQ in the two duos I purchased reallyleave littleto no color on my lips.  Maybe the formula has changed, or maybe I need to try a different duo here, but could I get some guidance on whether these various formulas are different at all, as I’m about to just return them all if the stain no longer works with my chemistry,  

Any tips appreciated, as the ingredients in all of these formulas look almost identical in and I just want a duo of a moisturizing lip stain by “It” that actually shows up and stains my lips like it used to years ago.

thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help! It Cosmetics Je Ne Se Quoi lips

[ Edited ]

I can only speak to the JNSQ because I recently ordered a duo that included the JNSQ and another lipstain flush called Love Story. The Love Story is more like a lipstick than a stain. Right from the get go of using the JNSQ I didn't think it gave as much color on the lips as the one I had a couple of years ago. I often put on the JNSQ around the house especially in the morning when my lips tend to feel dry and I won't look totally colorless if anyone comes to the door. But when I'm leaving the house I end up putting the Love Story or some other lipstick on top of the JNSQ because I want/need more color. So in a nutshell, I don't think the JNSQ lays down as much color as it used to.

I just came back to edit and say that I went digging and found my old JNSQ (I have a little bin where I toss old makeup I don't think I'll be using anymore but can't make myself get rid of yet). There's just enough in the old tube to be able to rub it on my inner arm, (already have lipstick on) same with the new one. Honestly both smears look the same so the only conclusion I can come to is that my natural lip color has changed, fading maybe as I'm aging thus the color looks different on the lips.

Respected Contributor

Not sure what color I have in the JNSQ Lip - I bought it a year and a half ago in a kit with blush - but to me it's nothing more than tinted lip balm.  I like it but it's not worth the money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ladies, if not satisfied, return the product. Body chemistry changes, lip color does fade as we age and both cause lipsticks/balms to appear differently. I’ve always thought the IT product was like “mood lipstick” from the 50’s/60’s & not dependable. It turned bright pink on me and went back to Q immediately. 

There’s also a black designer lipstick on Q, very expensive, that changes color w/ your chemistry. Save your money and purchase Clinique’s Black Honey. It gives a flush of sheer color for a fraction of the price & looks the same.

Respected Contributor

Black Honey  by clinique is a beautiful color but it is not a lip stain. It wears off very quickly.

I liked the Je Ne Se Quoi lipstain too for its staying power.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Black Honey  by clinique is a beautiful color but it is not a lip stain. It wears off very quickly.

I liked the Je Ne Se Quoi lipstain too for its staying power.

@Ms tyrion2   I use a nude pencil underneath and it stays on longer. 

Honored Contributor

Black Honey and JNSQ look nothing alike on my lips at all.  Black Honey is much deeper and darker.  And it doesn't last at all.  I don't get the cult following of this product.

I have both the original JNSQ that looks almost clear in the tube and I have the Rose shade.  The original turns an ugly bright pink on me that looks cheap.  The Rose is gorgeous.  Neither of them last on me though.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Black Honey and JNSQ look nothing alike on my lips at all.  Black Honey is much deeper and darker.  And it doesn't last at all.  I don't get the cult following of this product.

I have both the original JNSQ that looks almost clear in the tube and I have the Rose shade.  The original turns an ugly bright pink on me that looks cheap.  The Rose is gorgeous.  Neither of them last on me though.  

@Lipstickdiva   If you read my post again, I was comparing Black Honey to the Givency Black lipstick not the IT stain/balm. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   If you read my post again, I was comparing Black Honey to the Givency Black lipstick not the IT stain/balm. 

@Shanus, sorry.  How on earth I missed the comparison to the Givenchy is beyond me.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Mrsq2022   IT changed the formula of their Jenesequois lip products.  Their lip "stain" items were developed to be now a "soft stain" due to the bad feedback of the original being too strong in color.  This garrish pink color would develop only if one continued to reapply.  If you, like myself, only applied it once in the morning AS IT WAS INTENDED you would not have had the problem.  It was designed to be 'a stain' after all - that which it definitely did on first application!