Honored Contributor

Re: Help! I need suggestions for facial hair removal.

@roxxy1 wrote:

Gillette Mach 3.  I use it  gently all over my face.

Works great !

@roxxy1 wrote:

Gillette Mach 3.  I use it  gently all over my face.

Works great !

Yes!! Easy peasy!!🙋

Honored Contributor

When I was becoming increasingly obsessed about tweezing chin hairs, I decided for my physical and mental health to do something permanently so that I would never have to pick up a tweezer again. I'm just not a person who's interested in home beauty gadgets.

I did look into laser treatments, but thankfully, the woman with whom I consulted was totally honest. She said that it will not get any white or light hairs. She suggested that I supplement with the only truly permanent hair removal -- electrolysis.

So I went home and decided that it was silly to do both. I found an excellent electrologist and never looked back. I did not find it very painful. It took many sessions to rid me of chin, lip, and occasional wild hair on my neck (what the heck is that about?) due to the nature of hair growth.

It was the best investment for me. No more irritated skin, no more hair.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Above and below my lips, what works best - and is most affordable - for me is a manual razor (usually a men's sensitive disposable) and some shaving cream (smoother results).

Not only does it get every single hair, but the process also exfoliates.

This is why men's facial skin generally ages better than women's, especially since they do it on a regular basis.

Honored Contributor

At my dermologist's office, I was seeing the skin care RN for something, and we discussed facial hair.  She said she just uses a super sharp three blade razor once a week.

Works like a charm.

Trusted Contributor

I use an eyebrow razor. They come in 3-packs almost everywhere for just a few dollars. One is always in my glove compartment.

Valued Contributor

I've had my eyebrows threaded for years. Then, I added my upper lip and chin. Now I get my whole face threaded. I can't wax, my skin is too sensitive and I refuse to stop using Retin A for a week before waxing.

I need to do something permanent so I can stop the constant, every four weeks threading.
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

When I was becoming increasingly obsessed about tweezing chin hairs, I decided for my physical and mental health to do something permanently so that I would never have to pick up a tweezer again. I'm just not a person who's interested in home beauty gadgets.

I did look into laser treatments, but thankfully, the woman with whom I consulted was totally honest. She said that it will not get any white or light hairs. She suggested that I supplement with the only truly permanent hair removal -- electrolysis.

So I went home and decided that it was silly to do both. I found an excellent electrologist and never looked back. I did not find it very painful. It took many sessions to rid me of chin, lip, and occasional wild hair on my neck (what the heck is that about?) due to the nature of hair growth.

It was the best investment for me. No more irritated skin, no more hair.

@suzyQ3- Amen sistah!

Electolysis -  had it done 20 years ago and it made a HUGE difference in decreasing my facial hair (I had fuzz everywhere) and increasing my self-confidence.

Thing is, I think it may have been supplanted by laser options today. Not sure.

But if it's still around it's what I'd recommend too.

Super Contributor

Temporary solution- threading

Permanent solution - electrolysis

Contributor

I shave with a razor for my face. I use Gillette Atra Plus. I have used this razor for over 10 years. For my arms( I am a hairy gal) I use an electric razor.

I have tried many things through the years. Plucking, bleaching, waxing,the tria(which helped just a bit), but I always just use the razor. Quick and easy and affordable.

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 The emJoi epilator was the best thing ever for my facial hair! I got the one that has 2 heads--one for shaving, one for epilating. I use both from my cheeks down to under my chin. I epilate every so often (does hurt a bit) then use the razor daily to keep things under control. My chin hairs do still require a regular tweezer sometimes, because they grow very flat to my skin and don't stick out enough for the epilator to catch.

I've also just used a disposable razor on my face...great exfoliation as well as hair removal.