Respected Contributor

I'm like every single one of you!  I'm convinced there is not one product out there that works for me.  I've tried them all.  I joke that hair companies need ME to try their products before they tout them as anti-frizz.  My hair is short.  Not pixie short, but short enough that I can not put it up so no life-saving ponytail for me.  I'm a slave to my hair!  The most recent product I'm trying is WOW.  It's in a silver package that kind of resembles a flask.  It's a spray.  Can't say it's amazing.  I've used Wen, a lot of L'Oreal products, the Fructis line, and a bunch of Pantene things.  Let me add that I live in Florida so that is of no help!!  I've thought about doing a professional straightening, but I always think the less I do to my hair the better.  If I had to pick and choose processes to do to my hair to keep it in the best possible condition, I have to stick with coloring it (tons of gray) instead of chemically striaghtening.  Is it the end of the world?  No.  Just very, very annoying.  I know you all understand what I'm saying!  Enjoy the day!!

Honored Contributor

I use leave in conditioner.  No specific brand, whatever catches my eye at the drug store.  I prefer a spray on.

Respected Contributor

@lavendar, I love Tigi S Factor  Smoothing Lusterizer. My hair is dry, wavy, very thick and  in the summer months frizz can be an issue for me. This product really tames my hair and it smells like strawberries. I buy mine from Ulta.

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I'm already doing many things suggested. I use Morocanoil shampoo. Sulfate free. I also use WEN styling cream and WEN CC as a leave in. I use a WOW product on wet hair and oil my hair. Can't find my WEN smoothing serum. Will order it again.

I only wash it once a week and sleep on a silk pillowcase..  I do torture my hair: color and highlights. I now only highlight it twice a year. Also I was very sick about a year ago and had shedding. Was in the hospital three weeks and the clorox in the bed linen sucked all the moisture out of my hair and left it damaged. It did grow back really well.

When I'm desperate I can get a salon shampoo and blow dry. The flat iron hides all sins.

My colorist doesnt want me to do keratin treatments. He's been coloring my hair over twenty years and knows it well.

My hair was always coarse and dry. I just replaced the heat cap I used in high school. i just turned seventy five. I had healthy virgin hair but it was dry. I used to wear my hair very short so it was always getting cut as it came in. I

I did read the WEN thread. That's why I started one here.

I will write down the products you mention.

I could cut it a few inches shorter; it's in a bob. Or grow it long enough to put in a small pony. I wear hats all summer to protect my color.

I will make a list of products mentioned. I have a HUGE CVS near me.

Story: Years ago I was sitting outside with a friend and her four year old grandson. The humidity was near 100%. I noticed child was staring at me. He said," You're hair is growing." I said,"Yes, I can make it grow because I have special hair. It's magic."

I have no magic for helping "special hair."

Honored Contributor

@lavendar   My suggestion is Aveda or Aquage products for frizz.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar

I floated this conversation about frizz products to the top of the forum last spring. 

Personally, I've had excellent frizz control with Wen products, but everyone's hair is different.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Recommendations-for-a-good-anti-frizz-product/m-p/3678942#M56720...

Respected Contributor

Re: Help! Frizz!

[ Edited ]

My hair used to be a wild mane of frizz when I was younger, but hormones & age have straightened it out quite a bit.  Now, it still has quite a bit of natural wave & body to it, but it's kind of fly-away & staticky since I live in AZ & the air is dry.  I used to use a leave-in that was a Kirkland Signature product from Costco & it would provide just the right amount of conditioning without weighing it down or making it greasy & stringy, but it's no longer available. 

I still have a bit of the Costco stuff, but have been on a quest to find something that works like it.  These are the products that I've tried lately, some I got in travel sizes from Amazon to try before I committed to a full size:

Unite 7Seconds Leave-In Detangler (like)

It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In (a bit too heavy for me & don't care for the smell of it)

Aveeno Nourish+Condition Leave-in Treatment (It's OK)

John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli Detangler (OK & it smells nice)

Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Olive Oil Styling Creme (like)

Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum (came in yesterday's mail & tried for the 1st time this morning & so far, I like it)

My hair is probably not like most folks' in that all I want is something light to tame the fly-aways & I don't use a lot of products, just shampoo in the morning & blow dry it & let it do what it will since having curly hair all my life, I never really learned to style my hair!  I gave up the battle years ago & just get a decent haircut & let it fall where it wants to!

Honored Contributor

It's a 10 Blow Dry Styling Balm

Miracle Blow dry Styling Balm

It runs about 20 bucks for a 5 oz. tube, but you don't need much so it lasts a long time.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help! Frizz!

[ Edited ]

@lavendar Make sure you are drying or blotting your hair with a t-shirt or something similar.  Never use a regular towel.  That change alone reduced my frizz significantly.  Also with curly or wavey hair, don't touch it while it's drying it you are air drying it.

Super Contributor

Yes, frizz is my bane also. The best I have found for taming mine is Deva Poo Decadance Cleansing Conditioner and them my HG, Carol's Daughter Hair MIlk, Styling Pudding, applied to my damp hair after cleansing. Then I let it air dry. If I use a hair dryer I look like the Bride of Frankenstein, lol.