Honored Contributor

Help! Foundation Discontinued

My favorite foundation has been discontinued. Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation. I have tried their Liquid Halo and don't care for it. Takes too much blending to get it right and I don't like the effect on my skin. It's also too orange. I do love the powder Halo, but I mostly use it as a light dusting over foundation instead of as a foundation.

I'm looking for a dewy finish, not matte. I don't need a lot of coverage, just evening out of skin tone.

I may have to try their Healthy Skin Hydrating foundation if I can't find anything else, but I put a little on my hand at Ulta, and it looked like it would be too much coverage and a little cakey instead of dewy too.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Help! Foundation Discontinued

Google it... I just did and found several sites that still have it available
Honored Contributor

I did Google it. The only place I found it for sale was Amazon for $80+. I'm not paying that for foundation. Besides, it wouldn't help me in the future when I ran out again.

Honored Contributor

I recently purchased Rimmel BB cream. SPF 25, light to med. coverage and very nice finish. I could not believe how nice it was for the money. I paid $6.47 at Walmart. I purchased Light and it is not orange nor yellow. Check it out.

If you want a high end = Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in the compact. If you want more coverage LM's crème smooth foundation in a jar.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I love Laura Mercier's foundation. I've been using this for years. It's the first time I haven't had any desire to switch brands.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

You might like Nars Sheer Glow, light to med. coverage. A drugstore that is similar & also dewy is Neutrogena Healthy Skin & a very sheer coverage is Neutrogena's Skin enhancer, a tinted Moisturizer.

Regular Contributor

All Cosmetics Wholesale has quite a few in various shades, ranging from $3.99 to $11.99.

Don't make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.
Super Contributor

Check out Makeup Forever's HD, lots of color choices. Sephora stocks it.
Honored Contributor

Thanks. Nascardiva, They don't have F1, but thanks for the link.

I looked at NARS online. I didn't really care for the little paddle thing. I don't wear foundation that often, mostly for church, and that just seems like too much of a chance to get bacteria into the the bottle.

I am also considering Youngblood Liquid Mineral. It seems to get good reviews and I think that is what Jennifer Anniston wears. I'll take a look at these others too. I'm trying to find images of people wearing it to see whether I like it before making the plunge.

Trusted Contributor

For liquid, I love Dermacia but it's hard to find. Only sold at some doctor's offices, spas or maybe still in kits on line. It's light to medium beautiful finish coverage and feels so good on the skin. Well, I should say, feels like nothing on the skin.

I have had luck buying in on Ebay and at a better price too.

The more "modern version" of Dermacia is Oxygentics which is carried by Lovely Skin. I think the company was sold or rebranded or renamed? Anyway, whatever.

I did try samples of Oxygentics from Lovely Skin when someone here posted a rave review, but the shades were not the same as the old Lycogel and Dermacia and I couldn't get a match. The foundation itself though was very nice and basically just like my beloved Dermacia.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~