Contributor

Re: Help - Dry breaking hair - Fig and/or 613?

On 6/19/2014 ginabfly said:
On 6/19/2014 KJPA said:

I think one of the best tips I've heard for newbies is to cleanse every day for the first week or two. (Or as often as you can.) This is so you can "hurry up" and see the effects as quickly as possible. Your scalp supposedly will normalize faster.

I was my hair daily anyway so this part shouldn't be hard for me ;o)

the thing is with wen, you might not have to!
Super Contributor

On 6/19/2014 chloe_rogers said:
On 6/19/2014 ginabfly said:
On 6/19/2014 KJPA said:

I think one of the best tips I've heard for newbies is to cleanse every day for the first week or two. (Or as often as you can.) This is so you can "hurry up" and see the effects as quickly as possible. Your scalp supposedly will normalize faster.

I was my hair daily anyway so this part shouldn't be hard for me ;o)

the thing is with wen, you might not have to!

I know I hear that, but I can't not wash my hair every day, for work at least. My hair acts so different after I've slept on it and I usually have some sort of bed head and doesn't lay right. It would be awesome to just get ready and go in the morning though!

Occasional Contributor

It was the little packets that made me realize fig was IT for my hair. I have dry, unprocessed hair and the pom and SAM that I bought to start out w/ wen were 'ok'. But Fig was what pushed me over the edge. I use that for my first cleanse and the seasonal for my second. Right now I am LOVING the combo of Fig/SHP. I can't stop touching my hair- soooo soft!

Super Contributor

I hope I love it too!!!

Regular Contributor

On 6/18/2014 ginabfly said:

Kempokim I do workout, I've been working out since I was a kid, but I could always work out more. I go through phases of laziness, but my weight never moves more than a lb lately and usually comes right back. It used to fluctuate more, so I wondered if it was just age making it harder to get the weight off (I'm 37), I hate to blame a medical issue if I'm just not active enough. I also eat pretty healthy, but I do splurge. So I don't know if it's me, or a thyroid issue that I don't know about. Also I'm not super overweight but would love to lose at least 10lbs just to feel better in my clothes! I'm 5"6' 161 lbs. Really I'd love to lose 20 lbs, but I try to aim low because I'd be happy losing anything!

Anyway back to hair, it isn't thinning at the scalp, but I find hairs all over from breakage and I'm sure normal fallout, all day and of course during and after showering. I have pretty long hair so maybe it's pretty normal, I don't know, I just know I'm sick of it being so crazy!

ChynnaBlue I think I will try the t-shirt trick, I've heard that it helps but haven't tried it. I usually only blot with the towel and then wrap my head just to soak up the water, I never rub it on my hair. But I think I will try a t-shirt and see if it helps. It's hard fighting frizz with it being summer since it's usually very humid here.

And I did order Fig, so we'll see if it helps! I wish Lavender worked because I love the true lavender scent of it!

Thanks again all who responded! Smiley Surprised)

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I would definitely see a doctor but also try switching up your workouts. Our bodies get used to a certain type of workout after a while. If you don't do interval training try that. It can be done in 20 minutes and really helps boost the metabolism. Lots of examples on you tube. In addition we get what is called an after burn which means we continue to keep our metabolism elevated for a couple of hours after the workout is complete.

Super Contributor

Thanks Kempokim, I do need to step it up a notch probably, and I'll try switching up my workouts.

I already think I have less breakage after using Fig since Friday (and Lavender and CD's Hair Milk on Thursday), and my hair does feel really soft. It's still a little frizzy though but I'll keep trying. I was using Carol's Daughter Monoi which was helping for months, but then think it started causing breakage, or at least stopped helping!

Super Contributor

Also I have less fallout too, people talk about Wen causing more fallout but I'm having less. Maybe because I'm using it every day.