Frequent Contributor

Help! Can’t get IT foundation to pump out of the tube!

I bought the It TSV in both Light and Fair because I like to mix the foundation shades. The Light set is fine, but the pump on the Fair foundation won’t work. It pumps and pumps, but nothing comes out. 

Is there any way to get it working?  I would hate to have to return the TSV because I really need both the Light and Fair sets, and the supersized foundation is the only reason I bought the kits. I know the Fair kit sold out on the TSV day, and I also don’t want to lose my autodelivery, so I really want to get this thing working!

Thank you for any advice or suggestions anyone can give me!

Contributor

Re: Help! Can’t get IT foundation to pump out of the tube!

[ Edited ]

That's aggravating! I also bought this in Fair and my pump took forever to get going and just when I was about to give up in frustation it worked. It took a good 30 pumps though. I hope you're able to get yours working.

Occasional Contributor

I had a similiar problem with mine and when it did come out it sprayed all over.  I called IT and complained and they were good about it and sent me a new one.  It happened again so now I cut the tube and put it in a container. 

Occasional Contributor

This happened to me too when I first started using this foundation last year and then someone here told me that you must store is upside down.  Let the cap side rest on the counter.  The foundation then moves towards the top and the pump sjhould then work!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all very much for your help!

I finally got it working!  I’m wondering if the tube was too cold when I first tried to use it, because I waited a while for it to warm up and I noticed that the whole tube seemed to soften, and then I pumped it several times and it worked perfectly.

I’m so glad it’s working — thanks again for the encouragement to keep trying!

Esteemed Contributor

I believe the pumps are soft air pumps. You have to really pump it very slow for about 30 pumps to get it working.