Contributor

Hello, for me this is urgent. HAS anyone ever had gasoline spewed in their new blonde hair color?

It happened to me this month and I had just had my hair done with tons of blonde highlights the gasoline was on about an hour. I have talked to my stylist but he says condition condition and I have no idea when we can give you new color as it turned a red..........I am blonde by color so I am upset really bad and I am not getting any help from the company so Do you know of anyone that gasoline got in their new color hair?  It was on my hair maybe three hours before the hose busted and drenched me with gasoline.  Thank you so much. I have asked around to stylist and they have never had a client get gasoline on their colored hair.............my stylist said lets just rest the scalp and wait and I said should I use coconut oil or ???  He has not responded..........I dont' think he knows what to say and I have asked around and no stylist I have called has had a client that gasoline was spewed in their hair. I am hoping someone here knows where I could call or has it happened to you or someone you know and what were the results? I asked will you recolor in September?  They are not answering as I think they may wait until my hair color and damage grow off and that would take five years.............whew.........

Valued Contributor

Re: Hello, for me this is urgent. HAS anyone ever had gasoline spewed in their new blonde hair color

I’m sorry I’m having a hard time following your post...how did gasoline spew all over your hair and head?? Very dangerous to have it spew all over you and I’d say your least concern should be your hair...I’d worry about your skin and mucous membranes! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hello, for me this is urgent. HAS anyone ever had gasoline spewed in their new blonde hair color

Oh I don’t know the answer but I hope that you are okay...how did that happen.I would wash myself head to toes and put some coconut or other healing oil on my scalp if that happened to me.I hope that your skin wasn’t burned...did you see a doctor?

Contributor

The hose busted and it was spewing out. I have been checked out on my body. I had it on about an hour waiting on the store and calling my stylist and they were saying go home wash it off.........I lost all my clothes and shoes on me.......so nevertheless my concern now is my left eye and my hair.

Contributor

I posted the hose busted and was spewing all over me.

Trusted Contributor

say wha....?  The hose broke off at the gas station, and doused your head?  Why was your head by the hose? This has got to be a joke. LOL

Valued Contributor

@pinkacolorborn wrote:

The hose busted and it was spewing out. I have been checked out on my body. I had it on about an hour waiting on the store and calling my stylist and they were saying go home wash it off.........I lost all my clothes and shoes on me.......so nevertheless my concern now is my left eye and my hair.

The hose busted at the gas station?? THey  have protocol for treating people if something  major lIke this happens...did they not help you? Having it on you for an hour is not good or in your eye?? ..

regarding your hair, I’m sure no ggood stylist  will want to touch your hair until it grows out...it could be a potential liability and not much they could do to fix it without potential serious consequences. Certainly a good stylist would not want to do anything with it that requires chemicals...but may trim it up. 

Good luck to you.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry this happened to you.  I would look into filing a case.

Perhaps you should consider cutting your hair as needed. Is your hair feeling dry and damaged now? Your stylist is right. You need to get a good conditioning treatment so you can save your hair. If it stays strong, moisturized and doesn't get brittle, he will be able to color it asap.

You haven't mentioned breakage so that is a good sign. Most likely, you need a stylist that knows how to apply toner to be able to correct the color. However, sometimes it's easier to apply a base color and then wait a while to do highlights again. I would listen to your stylist and ask him which emergency repair treatment he recommends. Condition with it for at least a week. Then come in to his salon for an assessment. If you prevent breakage and any potential damage from taking hold he might be able to color right away.

Good luck. I know it's stressful but this episode could've ended with a far worse outcome than damaged highlights.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

Oh my......how awful.    I hope the gas station called the fire department, and they took you to the ER.    My lawyer would have a field day with this.

The previous posters have given you good advice about your hair.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Huh? What hose? Cannot follow this. In any case, had I gotten gasoline all over me, I would have been more concerned about my body and health than my hair.