Honored Contributor

Heads Up: Maybe wait on getting Jaclyn Hill Nude Lipsticks

It's all over social media. People keep finding weird hairs or fibers, holes, black spots, and hard beads in their lipsticks. Fresh out of the packaging. If you like Jacyln Hill and are interested in purchasing from her new makeup line, you might want to wait until they fix these strange kinks in manufacturing and Quality Control.

Picture by https://twitter.com/RawBeautyKristi

Raw Beauty Kristi takes pictures of her affected lipsticks with a microscope: https://youtu.be/VWedI5Csjhw

Jaclyn claims the fibers are due to shedding gloves used by quality control workers. Which doesn't make sense. It also doesn't explain how the fibers got embedded into the products, nor does it explain the hard, scratchy plastic-seeming beads some people have found also embeded in the products.

Also, if the fibers were accidentally put there by quality control people, why didn't any of them notice and remove the affected lipsticks from the line?

I've bought expensive to cheap lipsticks all my life and have never experienced anything like this. They always look nice and clean when I open them. I would be so grossed out to find anything stuck to my lipstick.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Re: Heads Up: Maybe wait on getting Jaclyn Hill Nude Lipsticks

@Porcelain 

Holy cow!!  That would freak me out. Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Porcelain 

Holy cow!!  That would freak me out. Woman Mad

Me too! They aren't even recalling them. They are still selling them, even knowing about the issues. They're replacing people's affected lipsticks with new ones, but it isn't even clear that the new ones would be any different, since according to the source they've only just started "using rubber gloves two days ago."

It's like Lucy, Larry, Moe, and Curly are in charge of the factory. Woman Frustrated Running around touching all the lipsticks with fluffy gloves on. LOL

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

And why would "Quality Control" touch all the lipsticks??? Something in their manufacturing is really off. Contamination or what!

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

And why would "Quality Control" touch all the lipsticks??? Something in their manufacturing is really off. Contamination or what!

None of it makes sense. If Jaclyn was able to immediately determine for certain that this was the issue just a day or so after finding out about it, that means a person in charge of quality knew what they did wrong and fessed up to Jaclyn right after the problem was made public. Otherwise it would have taken time to do an investigation and find out what happened. That means the laboratory quality control person has known about the problem the whole time and let the lipsticks ship anyway.

And yeah, what would be the point of touching the actual cream lipsticks? How would that determine anything?

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@rochelleS wrote:

None of it makes sense. If Jaclyn was able to immediately determine for certain that this was the issue just a day or so after finding out about it, that means a person in charge of quality knew what they did wrong and fessed up to Jaclyn right after the problem was made public. Otherwise it would have taken time to do an investigation and find out what happened. That means the laboratory quality control person has known about the problem the whole time and let the lipsticks ship anyway.

And yeah, what would be the point of touching the actual cream lipsticks? How would that determine anything?

Exactly! @Porcelain. This whole mess is downright scary! 

Esteemed Contributor

Make sure you aren't eating when you watch RawBeautyKristi's youtube video as the closeups of the various lipsticks with the microscope are stomach turning. I watched the video late last night. Sanitation or lack thereof seems to be a major problem with Jaclyn's lipsticks.

Kristi bought a whole set of Jaclyn Hill lipsticks before she knew that she was also going to be receiving a whole PR kit. While the PR kit looked mostly fine, the kit she bought did not. Beauty influencers JenLuvsReviews and Mel Thompson both took down their youtube video reviews of Jaclyn Hill's lipsticks as while they didn't have problems with the lipsticks that they bought, they didn't feel comfortable leaving the reviews up recommending the lipsticks when so many people had problems with their lipsticks. They both have retracted their recommendations and both now do not recommend buying Jaclyn Cosmetics lipsticks.

I watched a lot of youtube videos and I'm familiar with the gossip and info about Jaclyn Hill's past makeup collabs so there's no way I would ever spend money to support anything she's involved with.

Honored Contributor

Wow @Porcelain .  I watched this video and a few others.  I can't believe the lack of quality control.  Thanks for sharing the word.

Respected Contributor

These lipsticks are old and have been sitting around for a couple years. The reason I assume this is because of the packaging vs the name of her company. She went through a divorce last year which I’m sure had her putting a lot of things on hold. IMO she had to hold off releasing these and then apply for the trademark to rename her company. There are lots of theory videos on this as well 

I have no desire to support her as everything she is associated with is below standards, IMO. Also, there was a fan of hers who ask Jaclyn on Twitter why her lipstick was balling up and Jaclyn was rude to her. Then Jaclyn little minions attacked this girl for days and harassed her on Twitter. Jaclyn is constantly complaining about her dealing with depression and anxiety and all the hate she gets, but she allowed this girl to be bullied and she knew her minions would do it. 

She is one of the most fake, dishonest people I’ve seen on YouTube. Kevin James Bennett has called her behavior out repeatedly and has been called a hater for it. 

The hairs being found in those lipsticks is not from gloves!!! She’s trying to do damage control, but people have already contacted the FDA and other government agencies. It’s sad that young tweens worship her. 

Buyer Beware! 😬

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

Make sure you aren't eating when you watch RawBeautyKristi's youtube video as the closeups of the various lipsticks with the microscope are stomach turning. I watched the video late last night. Sanitation or lack thereof seems to be a major problem with Jaclyn's lipsticks.

Kristi bought a whole set of Jaclyn Hill lipsticks before she knew that she was also going to be receiving a whole PR kit. While the PR kit looked mostly fine, the kit she bought did not. Beauty influencers JenLuvsReviews and Mel Thompson both took down their youtube video reviews of Jaclyn Hill's lipsticks as while they didn't have problems with the lipsticks that they bought, they didn't feel comfortable leaving the reviews up recommending the lipsticks when so many people had problems with their lipsticks. They both have retracted their recommendations and both now do not recommend buying Jaclyn Cosmetics lipsticks.

I watched a lot of youtube videos and I'm familiar with the gossip and info about Jaclyn Hill's past makeup collabs so there's no way I would ever spend money to support anything she's involved with.

@TY I waited a little bit before posting because I knew you would know the most about this whole debacle. You are always so up to date on the beauty news. Thanks for adding more info! Please tell more as you find it, if you have a chance. Woman Very Happy