Honored Contributor

Re: Hazel and green eyed ladies- what is your favorite eyeliner color to bring out your eyes?

@MarLoCat wrote:

Shade: Violet
Blackened violet

Quickliner™ For Eyes

Adding another pic of the same (2nd row - right side)...     Woman Happy

CLinique-Quickliner-Shades.png (369×190)

Respected Contributor

Re: Hazel and green eyed ladies- what is your favorite eyeliner color to bring out your eyes?

I have dark hazel eyes, dark hair, and a very fair complexion.  My go-to (and only liner) for years has been Urban Decay's Rockstar..... a shade of purple.  I also like Empire.  That said, and while I'll always have purples in my stash, a few months ago I purchased Mildew... a green color.  I've never been into green, but I am obsessed with this color as a liner!  It looks amazing with my coloring, and will be a staple in my small collection.  

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

I have dark hazel eyes, dark hair, and a very fair complexion.  My go-to (and only liner) for years has been Urban Decay's Rockstar..... a shade of purple.  I also like Empire.  That said, and while I'll always have purples in my stash, a few months ago I purchased Mildew... a green color.  I've never been into green, but I am obsessed with this color as a liner!  It looks amazing with my coloring, and will be a staple in my small collection.  

@ItsME, I have blue eyes and love Mildew. I think it would work well for just about any eye color.

It is the rare purple that looks good me. They are usually too vivid and harsh for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

@gfpdem wrote:

So funny! Just ordered new eye rimz tonight-absolute best! I love bewitching  bronze  and plum like it hot as well! My husband always calls my eyes "husky eyes" I guess because they are masked-you can see the hazel thru the gold but from a distance or with black liner they look brown. Grey liner and any blue look icky on me and way 80's no matter the shade.

I just absolutely love LG plum like it hot and I use her eye rimz brush to apply, works great. I wouldn't use blue on my upper lid but do once in awhile on my lower lid, makes the whites of the eyes much brighter looking, isn't a blue blue more deep navy but love LG plum like it hot and can't think of the greenish one I have but that one does have sparkles in it so don't use it daily as I do plum like it hot.

okay you two @doglover3 and @gfpdem now I need to check out plum like it hot! I do like her eye rimz although I remember one or two colors kind of irritated my eyes a little. So are either of you fair? I ask because I think us fair girls have more issues with plums like this possibly reading a little reddish, which isn't good for us (think sickly or black eye-ish). I do love the little brush that comes with her eye rimz- it works GREAT for applying the product. I use mine wet.

I am fair, not fair fair but light. I got bare shell when BE first came out with their new serum foundation and got light in most foundations other than Mally defender bb(my favorite) which runs light so I got medium light in that.

Anyway, I can't wear a plum that has red in it, has to be deeper plum or I look like I have pink eye, lol. This is why I love LG plum like it hot. I do have a nice plum in the Ulta chubby crayon type liner but you have to watch since they have several shades and some are too light or too red. I think the true deep plum looks the best, same with green, not all greens look nice, have to watch them as well. I like an olive green.

Hi ladies-I am not fair. I am sicilian and austrian. A true medium with neutral undertones that tans easily. Natural hair color is dark reddish brown -some call it maple. I only use my eyerimz wet with her brush-simply the best! The green youre thinking of is hocus pocus and i also like potion. (violet/black and pearl) As ive aged, pencils look too harsh and i like a thick line. what i cant wear are warm, red undertoned shadows. They lookso pretty on others and make me look like i just left a funeral-not a good look!

Respected Contributor

gfpdem, I agree, pencils are sort of harsh looking on me as well for top lining and is why I use the LG eye rimz although I do also like the Ulta chubby crayon type as well in some colors or the chubby Tarte ones. I do use a pencil though for going in between my lower lashes right in with them and use Korres from HSN for that, olive or charcoal usually.

I love that little LG rimz brush as well, best thing to use to apply the eye rimz.

Regular Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

gfpdem, I agree, pencils are sort of harsh looking on me as well for top lining and is why I use the LG eye rimz although I do also like the Ulta chubby crayon type as well in some colors or the chubby Tarte ones. I do use a pencil though for going in between my lower lashes right in with them and use Korres from HSN for that, olive or charcoal usually.

I love that little LG rimz brush as well, best thing to use to apply the eye rimz.

Great minds do think alike, doglover3, as I do absolutely love tartes smouldereyes in taupe. Kinda a grey brown with a hint of shimmer-its just a nice neutral for me. I have the plum one but dont reach for that as often. Never really got into Mallys version or her shadow sticks-not creamy enough for me. Dont do much for lower lash line except run whatever is left on my LG eyerimz brush and use a bit of tightline mascara. As ive aged it tends to close in my eyes  to line  lower lashes. Will have to look into the Korres olive pencil-sounds interesting-so does UD mildew-but the name kinda creeps me out-or is that just me???

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze I have to be careful with purple liners for the same reason.  That is why I lean towards plumbs, aubergines, etc.  Purple, purples don't work for me.

I was told a very long time ago by a national make-up artist for Chanel (and I've read this several times in various magazines as well) that you shouldn't wear a liner or shadow in the same color as your eye color if you want your eye color to pop.  I personally have found that to be the case.

I have tried green liner on my green eyes and I don't care for the look at all.  I don't think it makes my eyes pop.

Clinique black honey is a good shade for my green eyes but I've heard they discontinue it.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@HappyDaze I have to be careful with purple liners for the same reason.  That is why I lean towards plumbs, aubergines, etc.  Purple, purples don't work for me.

I was told a very long time ago by a national make-up artist for Chanel (and I've read this several times in various magazines as well) that you shouldn't wear a liner or shadow in the same color as your eye color if you want your eye color to pop.  I personally have found that to be the case.

I have tried green liner on my green eyes and I don't care for the look at all.  I don't think it makes my eyes pop.

Clinique black honey is a good shade for my green eyes but I've heard they discontinue it.

I think it might look very good if you used a liner in the huge green family that was very different from the shade of your eyes. There are greens that look almost brown, gold, blue, teal, or black. Urban Decay has all of these.

You're lucky, though. I have blue eyes, and there is not quite the variety of blue shades. I will use a grayish or a greenish blue, but straight out blue doesn't work so well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@gfpdem wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

Great minds do think alike, doglover3, as I do absolutely love tartes smouldereyes in taupe. Kinda a grey brown with a hint of shimmer-its just a nice neutral for me. I have the plum one but dont reach for that as often. Never really got into Mallys version or her shadow sticks-not creamy enough for me. Dont do much for lower lash line except run whatever is left on my LG eyerimz brush and use a bit of tightline mascara. As ive aged it tends to close in my eyes  to line  lower lashes. Will have to look into the Korres olive pencil-sounds interesting-so does UD mildew-but the name kinda creeps me out-or is that just me???

I get a set of 5 for $29 something in the Korres at HSN, very nice, nice grey, brown, olive, navy, purple(not great color) and metallic brown which I am surprised I like since I don't like sparkle.

I do like the Tarte smoulder eyes, have it in a nice deep plum, brown and a green.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva I agree with you- I tend to find that greens don't really do much for my eyes in terms of making them really stand out. I was considering one that was black with just a hint of green (the vert metallique) but decided against it for a variety of reasons, one being all the times I've tried greens in the past and it never really did much. Thanks for the info!