Trusted Contributor

Re: Having major aversion to shop Q ever since LR's departure

On 2/11/2015 brii said:
On 2/11/2015 12andcounting said:
On 2/10/2015 brii said:

Really?

No host has that much power over me. I like the product or I don't.

I totally agree with you, brii. Honestly, I don't miss her at all.

Hi, 12.

I don't either.

All the hosts bug me at some point. She just came across as someone very phony.

And I think she got more and more phony as time went on.

Frequent Contributor

I would equate this to when your favorite TV show goes off the air, or your favorite character leaves the show. Or when they get a new actor to replace a character. It's just different somehow. You're used to seeing that person and they are no longer there.

Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 howaboutthis said:

I would equate this to when your favorite TV show goes off the air, or your favorite character leaves the show. Or when they get a new actor to replace a character. It's just different somehow. You're used to seeing that person and they are no longer there.

I know what you mean. Hoping QVC hasn't "jumped the shark," but you never know. Lisa might have seemed phony to some but she added a touch of class that none of the other hosts can match.

Trusted Contributor

Well, I am not deliberately, not buying, but I enjoy watching less, and am watching less, since LR left.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I'm interested in the products, and not whoever is selling them. I do so much of my online shopping from Amazon....and there is no host involved in the many things I buy from them.
Occasional Contributor

I started a major aversion to QVC when Joan died and QVC did not let us know at all. I didn't expect a news flash, just a tasteful picture in picture of Joan and maybe her dates or a condolence like "We'll miss you". I was watching Susan Graver TSV the day Joan passed and NO ONE said a word. A friend who knows I liked Joan called later that night & told me. It was AWFUL of QVC not to inform us. (tastefully). Don't bother arguing with me. This is what I felt and you can't change what I felt so resist the temptation to argue with me.

When Lisa left soon after it made it easier for me to put Q in the past.

Honored Contributor

I wish host Heather Hall would come to the Q.

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 happy housewife said:
On 2/10/2015 lizzief said:
On 2/10/2015 stevieb said:

Personally, I don't consider myself obsessed with Joan Rivers nor do I consider myself obsessed with Lisa Robertson. That said, I did enjoy both of them on QVC and feel their respective losses have left a huge gap. I am not much enamored of the directions QVC has taken in recent years, find most of the programming repetitive and dull and most of the host's 'acts' largely unfortunate and the on-air product mix stale. These were two ladies I could count on watching and enjoying, so yes, I miss them, but my life easily goes on without them...

Well said Stevieb! And I would like to add, we may continue to be curious about what path Lisa chooses, and even stop by her Facebook page now and then to see if there's any news about that, it doesn't mean we are "obsessed" with her. The people who are obsessed are the ones who continue to rip her apart on these boards even though she's gone - IMO!

Whatever.

Ironically ineloquent than its predecessors.
Regular Contributor

On 2/10/2015 nodecaf said:

PM Style, Friday Night Beauty, GILI, etc have no vibe to them.

I feel the same way since Lisa's departure.

Honored Contributor

If QVC would bring in some truly fresh merchandise, I don't think anyone would care as much about which hosts are selling it.