Honored Contributor

Having issues with SKINN Pep40 and DWP; advice please!

[ Edited ]

More than a year plus ago, I started using SKINN DWP with great results. No issues. I ran out just around the time ISOMER had an event and with the suggestions of the wonderful people ladies here, ordered a few products from ISOMERS which I love. Used ISOMERS over the summer and saw my skin definitely change for the better. However, it is not hydrating enough for me and I found it didn't work well with other products I use (don't know why) so when SKINN was on, I ordered more of my DWP as well as PEP40 products. Switched over to the SKINN on 10/1 as the weather became cooler and I had used up my ISOMERS.

My skin hurts. It burns. It itches. I don't know why. I've used all these products before with NO issues except the PEP40 products. I put that PEP40 cream on and my skin instantly burns/tingles. I've watched the videos, I've done the skin test and no issues but on my face with the DWP, nope, not happening. The serum is ok on it's on but with other products, it rolls. I've tried the DWP without the PEP40 cream; still not good. I don't know WHAT is going on.

I use a very mild cleanser. I'm not doing ANY type of peel or scrub now because of this. Suggestions? Comments? Anyone else have this happen? TIA!!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Having issues with SKINN Pep40 and DWP; advice please!

So sorry to hear of your PEP40 problems.  My skin adores this product, but all skins are uniquely different.  I would immediately cease using anything that caused my skin to react as you described.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When you have a reaction, don't use any actives or treatments for a while. Please don't keep trying to use any of these products until your skin calms down. You won't be able to learn anything about which products you can tolerate because your skin is already in reaction mode. And consider making a dermatologist appointment.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about your trouble, @SahmIam.  I've been delighted with the Pep 40 serum and cream, looking forward to starting the lip treatment and body cream (as my neck cream) tonight.  It sounds to me like the Isomer's may have changed the surface condition of your skin.  For the time being, I'd back off everything, go with a gentle cleanser and moisturizer (something basic like CeraVe) until your skin calms down.  Then start back with one addition at a time, to test if you're going to react or be OK.  Assuming you don't react, add your next item, wait a week, and so on, until you're back to your complete routine.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam, Very sorry you are having these problems now.... I think you got a great advice from @Ethereal and @Porcelain here. 

I only would like to tell you that I was using Isomers prior to even trying Skinn.

Under great hype of long Skinn threads I purchased quite a few Skinn items, I belive DWP was one of them, and started to use. It did not work for me well!

I did not have a reaction similar to yours, but I felt heaviness and the pores of my skin felt clogged up.

Also while doing Skinn's entire routine, it seemed to me likeI did not have that anti-aging effect any longer, just shiny and oily face, older looking also.

So my numerous Skinn purchases went to trash after doing their time sitting idly on farthest shelf.  Couple times I repeated this with similar results.

I knew it was great line - ladies were raving about it, but I thought - not for me.....

So I was not buying Skinn and only Isomers became my skincare line again.

Until recently, when Dimitri came back with his Pep-40 products, I got effected by the hype again and bought. This time I was using Skinn differently - just adding A LITTLE bit to my Isomers routine. This way Skinn did work for me just fine! I like it!

Now I am adding a little of Pep 40, or Olive into my mix, either serum or cream.  There are day or two, when I use only or mostly Skinn, but not too often. I use Isomers predominately, they work best for me, adding some best of Skinn products to my routine.

Best of luck with your skin getting back to great condition again, Dear!

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  Many times it will take a while for your skin/body to developed a sensitivity to an ingredient(s)..,. It will seem fine and suddenly you have a bad reaction.  

Best to stop using anything you though was causing the reaction NOW before it becomes severe.  It is harder to treat a skin condition the longer it goes on. 

Something in the formula is just not agreeing with your body.  Listen to it. 

Regular Contributor

@SahmIam- if I remember right the DWP formula has been changed.  So maybe that is why you are having problems now.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for your suggestions! : )

I'm currently washing with a very mild cleansing milk (used by son since he was an infant and had eczema 12 hours after his birth) and moisturizing with Crisco (also used by my son when he was hospitalized for his eczema). So far, no issues other than a little itching now and then on the lower cheeks.

I have developed some bumps which are slowly becoming tiny whiteheads; never have had that before.

That's right, the DWP has been altered a tad.

I can use the PEP40 on my neck and chest, no issues. That will where I use it going forward.

I can't figure out if my skin simply worked so well with ISOMERS that it doesn't like SKINN now or, as was mentioned, my skin has simply changed due to ISOMERS. I do love the fact that I could use a few products and with DWP, I'm using far more but then again, I was in the past with no issue. You know, if ISOMERS came out with a super rich moisturizer, I'd be thrilled beyond belief.

I'll tell you, haven't had an issue like this in a LONG time. All this skincare just sitting there and well...time will tell. Thank you again, everyone!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

Thank you all for your suggestions! : )

I'm currently washing with a very mild cleansing milk (used by son since he was an infant and had eczema 12 hours after his birth) and moisturizing with Crisco (also used by my son when he was hospitalized for his eczema). So far, no issues other than a little itching now and then on the lower cheeks.

I have developed some bumps which are slowly becoming tiny whiteheads; never have had that before.

That's right, the DWP has been altered a tad.

I can use the PEP40 on my neck and chest, no issues. That will where I use it going forward.

I can't figure out if my skin simply worked so well with ISOMERS that it doesn't like SKINN now or, as was mentioned, my skin has simply changed due to ISOMERS. I do love the fact that I could use a few products and with DWP, I'm using far more but then again, I was in the past with no issue. You know, if ISOMERS came out with a super rich moisturizer, I'd be thrilled beyond belief.

I'll tell you, haven't had an issue like this in a LONG time. All this skincare just sitting there and well...time will tell. Thank you again, everyone!!

@SahmIam  Isomers creators do not believe in "super rich moisturizers".

They believe in moisturization through "teaching" the skin finding it's natural moisture balance - like children's skin does. Sort of regulate it's own moisture level again. They say - overly rich moisturizers make the skin to depend on this artificial "moisture" and not produce it's own any longer naturally.

I can swear by light and easily absorbent Isomers moisturizers! Using Isomers over time, my own skin had become never too oily nor too dry.

But speaking about condition of my skin right now, I actually do have lately constantly oily/wet nose and the entire t-zone. Hmmm.....

Could it be because I am now adding those richer Skinn creams, like Pep-40 and Olive?

I did not pay much attention to this, thought maybe it's too hot or something - just wiped it off, but now since you brought this up, I think I need to seriously re-consider and test my skin looking for a root of this problem, by using ONLY light Isomers moisturizers for awhile, to see if this problem persist and I will still continue to have oily/wet nose or not!

Honored Contributor

@sonechko I forgot about that...you're right about their philosophy regarding skin finding its own balance. I wonder if SKINN is too much for me since using ISOMERS? Hmmm....

I'll give it time, add one item of SKINN in at a time and go from there. Good luck to you too!