Respected Contributor

Re: Have your lashes gotten better using mascara?

[ Edited ]

@BSurLife65 

I have enjoyed the mascara so far.  I have slept in it and had no ill effects from it.  However, I don't use but one coat when I use it and it has never clumped or felt sticky for me. I don't use it as an overnight serum though.  I have asked on Josies FB page that she create one.   I'm in my 70's and my lashes have thinned as badly as the hair on my head. Smiley LOL Josie's mascara is actually the only one that doesn't break my lashes off or get "gritty" for me. 

Did you ever decide what was stuck in your eye?  If your eye watered at all from the irritant, it would have washed all the mascara away I think. 

Regular Contributor

Hi San Antonio Gal--thanks for recommendation to All Day Chemist. I will check it out. Also, wanted to thank you for recommending Eva Naturals a while back. I ordered the Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Serum plus they gave me a free bottle of Retinol. I'm really enjoying their products so thanks again!

Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama   I've decided to put a VERY light coat of Argan Oil on my lashes overnight (I remember someone on a Josie show recommending this).  I can't risk anything else so close to my eyes.  I like Josie's Mascara, it's different from all the other 'duds' I've used and I also like only one coat cuz it looks better on me and is easier to remove.

Also, whatever had been stuck inside my eyelid FINALLY worked its way out -- it was not identifiable (I'll spare the details).  I must have used half a bottle of my homeopathic eye drops!

Thanks.....

Honored Contributor

@donniesmom wrote:

Hi San Antonio Gal--thanks for recommendation to All Day Chemist. I will check it out. Also, wanted to thank you for recommending Eva Naturals a while back. I ordered the Vitamin C & Hyaluronic Serum plus they gave me a free bottle of Retinol. I'm really enjoying their products so thanks again!

@donniesmom  - You may want to search for some of the past threads here on the Careprost / Latisse.  There are many posters that have had success with this product.

I can't take credit for recommending Eva Naturals.  Someone else must have recommended it to you.  But I'm glad it's working for you!

Respected Contributor

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@Georgiagrama   I've decided to put a VERY light coat of Argan Oil on my lashes overnight (I remember someone on a Josie show recommending this).  I can't risk anything else so close to my eyes.  I like Josie's Mascara, it's different from all the other 'duds' I've used and I also like only one coat cuz it looks better on me and is easier to remove.

Also, whatever had been stuck inside my eyelid FINALLY worked its way out -- it was not identifiable (I'll spare the details).  I must have used half a bottle of my homeopathic eye drops!

Thanks.....

@BSurLife65  I don't blame you for being careful.  I seem to be allergic to every other mascara I've tried.  They all make my eyes water and itch, and, since I have the beginning stages of glaucomo, I try to be very careful what I use around my eyes.  I'm so glad that there was no permanent damage as there sometimes can be. 

Respected Contributor

My lashes are in good shape because I do not wear mascara daily, My lashes are very black & have a bend to them. When I do wear mascara, I use an oil base gentle cleanser to remove with no lash loss.I have on occasion used indiviual false natural lashes which are great. Lisa Eldrige has a youtube video. A good watch. I don't need lash growth products but lots of ladies here get good results.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I hope Rosehip oil will work for you. Even tho I do not have sensitve eyes, I never use any type of oil near my eyes I did once & I woke up shocked in the morning because all I saw was a big blur. I did not use it on my lashes but as an eye cream. Now I use it sometimes but not close to the lash line because oil travels

Honored Contributor

@Kabella  I understand that you should not get any oil in your eyes.  However, I rub it on my finger and swipe.  I just read an article how baby oil is excellent for removing eye makeup but the oil is place on a cotton pad and swiped.  You do what is good for you.  I let you know if the lashes grow or if it is a bust!  lol

kindness is strength